We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, creative and enthusiastic teacher of Drama to work within our flourishing performing arts department. This is a temporary position for Maternity cover. You will be committed to and enjoy leading and developing a vibrant extra-curricular programme to engage our receptive and talented students. You should be keen to develop your practice in a dynamic and supportive environment and you will have the drive and ambition to deliver lessons which are engaging, inclusive and ensure progress and attainment outcomes for all learners remains high.
The Priory Belvoir Academy is on an exciting journey having joined the Priory Federation of Academies Trust in 2017. We are looking for a teacher of Drama to provide cover for a maternity leave and to join our supportive and ambitious team. Our community spirited academy benefits from engaging and supportive parents and governors and pupils whose excellent behaviour is testament to our holistic pastoral and values system. Our unique and individual culture as an academy is strengthened by belonging to the Priory Federation of Academies Trust. Our investment in trust wide CPD, mentoring and talent management results in excellent retention levels as staff build and progress their careers within and across the Trust academies.
We are easily accessible from all major towns and cities in the region including Lincoln, Newark, Grantham and Nottingham.
This post would be suitable for an NQT or a more experienced teacher.
Closing date for applications: 12 Noon, Friday 4th October 2019
The Priory Federation of Academies strictly adheres to the new regulations introduced on the 25 May 2018 under GDPR guidelines. In order to complete your application for this position you will need to agree with our privacy statement. This privacy statement will be available for you to read when you commence your application; https://www.prioryacademies.co.uk/page/?title=Vacancies&pid=9T
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The position is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in relevant subject area.
Qualified Teacher Status.
Essential skills and experience
Proven experience of working with children.
Recent and relevant experience of working in a school/academy.
Successful experience of delivering a differentiated curriculum to students with a wide range of needs.
Successful experience of managing an effective classroom environment to support student learning and positive behaviour.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to set high expectations and promote good progress by students.
Ability to demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge.
Excellent oral and communication skills.
Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Good planning and organisational skills.
Ability to use IT at a level commensurate with job role.
Professional and responsive attitude and behaviour towards colleagues.
Ability to motivate and develop self.
A passion for teaching and a desire to see children achieve their full potential in all areas of their lives.
SHAPING YOUR FUTURE
We value professional development and wellbeing of staff. As a member of our team, various opportunities will be available to meet your professional expectations. The trust has a commitment to supporting your work- life balance, enable you to fulfil your potential.
YOUR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Personalised support for every colleague new to the profession:
• NQT and RQT Programmes and events for colleagues across the Trust
• Mentoring and Coaching for NQTs and RQTs
• Subject training and support
• Behaviour management training and support
• SEND guidance and advice
Personalised support for every colleague in the profession:
• Training programmes for aspirant Mentors and Coaches
• National Professional Qualifications for prospective Middle Leaders, Senior Leaders and Heads
• Ongoing access to regular Trust, regional and national CPD
• Opportunities to deliver CPD at a Trust and regional level
• Wellbeing champions across all academies
• Workload impact reviews
• Managing workload through collaborative planning, resource sharing and high quality IT provision
• Social benefits of belonging to a large and friendly community
• Opportunities to support residential and educational visits locally, nationally and internationally
• Access to Employee Benefits Programme
YOUR OPPORTUNITIES ACROSS THE TRUST
• Access to Trust vacancies across all academies
• Secondments and opportunities to work across academies and across phases
• Opportunity to be involved in research and development such as project leadership, cross-trust specialist groups. Leading CPD
About The Priory Belvoir Academy
- Barkestone Lane, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG13 0AX
- The Priory Belvoir Academy website (opens in a new window)