Early Years Class Teacher
Acorns Primary School, Shipston-on-Stour, Warwickshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 1, £24,373,.00 to £37,654,.00|
You will be part of a team that will teach and lead through a variety of innovative approaches including curriculum design, teaching and assessment strategies, use of technology and intervention programmes that will create an environment where every classroom offers outstanding provision for children.
Principle responsibilities will be:
• To carry out the duties of a school teacher as set out in the ‘School Teachers Pay and Conditions’ Document, assuming overall responsibility for raising the quality of early years provision for Nursery and Reception children.
• To meet the required Teachers' Standards and promote excellent practice at all times.
• Work with all members of staff and the Board of Trustees to realise the vision of the school and the Stour Federation Partnership, leading practice within the Nursery/Reception class.
• Promote the school ethos in all aspects of school life.
Essential educational requirements
An undergraduate degree is required.
Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent.
Enhanced DBS Check.
Trained in Phonics teaching (e.g. Jolly Phonics, Letters & Sounds, Read Write Inc).
Essential skills and experience
• Have a detailed knowledge of the relevant aspects of the EYFS and other statutory requirements and initiatives.
• Have a detailed knowledge of safeguarding responsibilities and expectations.
• Have a detailed knowledge and understanding of current theory and best practice in teaching and learning.
• Possess enthusiasm and a strong belief in the importance of early years.
• An excellent Early Years practitioner with high expectations and creative ideas to inspire learning.
• A clear understanding of classroom organisation and class management.
• Use inclusive teaching methods which keep pupils engaged, including stimulating curiosity, using effective questioning, clear modelling and explanation.
• Ability to create a caring, challenging and effective learning environment.
• Work with parents to encourage their active participation with their child’s learning.
• The ability to work closely with teaching and support staff to ensure maximum impact on learning.
|School size||84 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Acorns Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
School Close, Shipston-on-Stour, Warwickshire, CV36 5LA