Early Years Foundation Stage Leader
Sandford Hill Primary is a popular school with positive parental and community involvement. We provide an enriched curriculum and nurturing, caring learning environment to help ensure all our children achieve their best.
As a result of our current Early Years Leader retiring, we are excited to offer the position of Early Years Leader from September 2020. As a senior teacher, with TLR, the Early Years Leader will be responsible for leading the Early Years team; ensuring the quality of teaching and learning across the foundation stage, as well as overseeing the effective management of resources. The post will be a class-based role, mainly in Nursery, with non-contact time provided to allow leadership responsibilities to be fulfilled,
We are looking for an outstanding classroom practitioner within the Early Years who may already have some leadership experience within their setting, or someone who is ready to take the next step in their career. They will be someone who has a caring disposition, is highly motivated and can work flexibly and creatively.
The successful candidate will have:
- The motivation and resilience to achieve the very best for all of the children in our care and be relentless in the pursuit of excellence
- Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills, as well as the ability to inspire, support and challenge colleagues
- Proven experience as a highly effective classroom teacher
- Experience of working with children of different ages within the Early Years
- The ability to work co-operatively as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills with children and parents
- Thoughtfulness and respect as a core value
- A good sense of humour!
In return we can offer:
- A firm commitment to you and your professional development
- Friendly, supportive, enthusiastic and hardworking colleagues, staff and Governors
- Encouragement to develop new ideas and the opportunity to make a real difference.
Visit are encouraged and dates are included in the application pack.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
- Successful teaching experience, including within the early years age range
- Successful experience of supporting children with SEN
- A proven track record in relation to pupil progress
- Successful experience of leading colleagues within an early years setting
- Knowledge and understanding of the SEN Code of Practice
- Knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding policy and practice
- High expectations of all children and a belief in their ability to succeed
- Vision, drive and enthusiasm
- Integrity, loyalty and sensitivity
- Commitment to own personal development and training
- Ability to effectively manage and lead team
TLR 2(1) £2,812
Ongoing CPD encouraged
About Sandford Hill Primary School
- Clayfield Grove, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST3 5AQ
- LA Maintained School
- Sandford Hill Primary School website (opens in a new window)