Early Years Foundation Stage Leader TLR2a
Dobcroft Infant School, Sheffield, South Yorkshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Upper pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £36,646 to £39,406|
1. Take a lead role, working closely with other leading practitioners in determining and developing policies, procedures and practice, promoting collective responsibility for their implementation to ensure high achievement through effective teaching and learning and whole school improvement
2. Analyse national, local and school data, research and inspection findings to inform curriculum area policies and practices, expectations and teaching methodologies and to report regularly to the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team on progress and plans.
3. Use local and national data and other information in order to provide: a comparative baseline for evaluating learners’ progress and attainment; a means of judging the effectiveness of their teaching; a basis for improving teaching and learning
4. Know how to and take a lead role to improve the effectiveness of assessment practice in the school, analysing statistical information to evaluate the effectiveness of teaching and learning.
5. Research and evaluate innovative curricular practices and draw on research outcomes and other sources of external evidence to inform own practice and that of colleagues
Teaching and Learning
6. Secure and sustain effective teaching of subjects through structured monitoring and evaluation of all aspects of teaching and learning and active participation in the school’s monitoring evaluation and review cycle through lesson observations, feedback to teaching staff, work sampling, learner interviews and written reports to the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team as necessary.
7. The Lead Practitioner will teach approximately 75% of a standard teaching timetable across the age and ability range
Leading, Motivating & Developing
8. Have teaching skills which lead to excellent results and outcomes. Demonstrate excellent and innovative pedagogical practice, and deliver demonstration lessons.
9. Carry out subject/quality assurance activities e.g. classroom observations.
10. Contribute to the professional development (and performance management where appropriate) of colleagues using a broad range of skills appropriate to their needs so that they demonstrate enhanced and effective practice. (e.g. coaching, mentoring, induction)
11. Disseminate materials and advise on practice, research and CPD provision
12. Make well founded appraisals of situations upon which they are asked to advise, applying high level skills in lesson observation to evaluate and advise colleagues on their work and devising and implementing effective strategies to meet learner needs leading to improvements in learner outcomes.
Essential educational requirements
Degree or equivalent
Qualified Teacher Status
• Established and evidenced practice as an outstanding teacher over a prolonged period
Essential skills and experience
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to lead, developing learning strategies and monitoring progress to raise attainment, Evidence of high achievement across key stages, professional development of colleagues, leading EYFS,
The school has a committment to continuing professional development for its staff.
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||270 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 7|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Dobcroft Infant School website (opens in a new window)|
Pingle Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S7 2LN