- Early years
Annual or full time equivalent salary
- Scale 2: £23,004- £23,421 per annum
- £15,599- £16,164 per annum
Early Years Support Worker job summary
SALARY RANGE: Scale 2
ACTUAL SALARY: £15,599- £16,164 per annum
CONTRACT: 1 x 27.5 hours term time only permanent
1x 27.5 hours term time only 1-year temporary contract
Shift pattern between the hours of 8am and 6pm.
REQUIRED FOR September 2022
NUMBER OF POSTS 2
Are you passionate about working with under-fives?
If you are then we could have the job for you!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our outstanding school and children’s centre and become part of the thriving team at Ambler!
We are seeking to appoint dynamic, enthusiastic, creative and committed Early Years Support Workers to join our well-established and expanding early years team. The new additional posts will be part of the existing service and are intended to increase our staffing capacity to enable us to further develop children’s experiences, outcomes and a lifelong love of learning, from babies right through to Reception.
These two roles are currently needed for Reception and will work opposite one another.
Shift Pattern: Week A 8am-2pm and Week B 12-6pm.
As well as assisting the teachers and educators in the provision of high quality, fully integrated care and education for children, the role will also involve supporting children in our extended provision and working with partners including PE coaches, musicians, forest school leaders and dance instructors.
Please note that shift patterns and responsibilities can change within the scope of the contract based on the needs of the service.
With the new EYFS reforms, it is an exciting time to join our constantly evolving team as we go on a journey to use the new educational programmes to design an innovative, ambitious, memorable and engaging curriculum, right for the children we work with.
The Ambler provision of school and children’s centre provides a seamless integrated service from pre-birth to the end of year 6. The Children's Centre is situated in the Bright Start Central area in a light and large purpose-built space set in the grounds of Ambler Primary School, a beautiful locally listed Victorian building. We have a spacious garden with our very own Forest!
In the children’s centre, we provide full wrap around care and education for children from 6 months to five years. We also host a wide variety of outreach services to the local community, supporting our families to achieve successful outcomes. We are open from Monday- Friday from 08:00 to 18:00, 49 weeks per year.
We have the privilege of working in a very rich and diverse community which includes many children and families from a range of backgrounds and cultures and this vibrant blend makes the Ambler community a unique and energizing place to be.
At Ambler, we promote equality, challenge discrimination and recognise the positive value that comes from having a truly diverse workforce. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds who reflect the diverse community of our school.
We can offer you:
• An established staff team providing excellent services for our community
• A warm, positive working environment where everyone is valued
• An enthusiastic, dynamic and talented leadership and staff team
• The opportunity to be part of develop and drive
• An opportunity to develop and deliver inspiring initiatives
• Fantastic continuous professional development opportunities and training
We are looking for candidates with:
• Excellent knowledge and experience of providing high-quality care and education for babies and young children
• Ability to demonstrate and apply a strong knowledge of the EYFS curriculum
• Ability to plan, prepare and deliver activities for children's individual needs
• Ability to monitor, assess and write quality observations
• Ability to work as part of a team and to follow and embed whole school initiatives
• A commitment to improving outcomes for all our children and families as part of multi-agency team working
• Strong knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding Policies and Procedures for in line with school policies and procedures, and Government guidance
If you are interested in the role, please take a look at our ‘virtual tour’ on our website. If you are shortlisted, a tour will be included as part of the interview day.
Deadline for applications: Midnight, Thursday 7th July 2022
Short-listing: Friday 8th July 2022
Interviews: Tuesday 12th July 2022
Please apply online at www.islington.gov.uk/jobs If you need any assistance, please email the Education HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference: AMB/1118
Ambler Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment; an enhanced DBS check will be required.
Applying for the job
Apply online at www.islington.gov.ukMore on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.