Join us on our journey
Are you looking for the next chapter in your career or starting out as an early career teacher and want to really make a difference to the lives of young people? Look no further! Join us at Ashley CofE Primary School to work alongside our dedicated staff and wonderful children as we embark on an exciting journey following our recent Ofsted inspection.
The recent inspection reported that:
‘The recently appointed headteacher has quickly established positive relationships with parents. She has a clear and accurate view of the school’s work and is ably supported by the senior leadership team’
The journey has started, and we are well on our way!
Ashley is a happy and friendly school where children feel safe, secure and valued. Our staff, parents and pupils work together to ensure that every child is happy and can reach their full potential. We have strong staff cohesion with everyone looking out for each other, plus a motivated SLT with a strong focus on staff wellbeing and opportunities to develop classroom management within a supportive environment.
We are looking to appoint a motivated and inspirational Reception class teacher to join our school in January 2024.
We can offer:
· A positive, supportive and welcoming ethos that will allow you to develop professionally
· Enthusiastic children who are eager to learn
· A fully inclusive ethos for all who learn and work in our community
· A high level of commitment from staff, Local Committee members (previously known as School Governors) and parents
· Supportive staff and leadership team who have a strong focus on staff and pupil well-being
· CPD opportunities to grow and develop pedagogy
· A large indoor and outdoor learning space
· Our new nurture pod; this is a great space for children to work in small groups to develop their emotional literacy and resilience. Children are learning about the importance of looking after their mental health and this area will provide a special place to enhance wellbeing across the whole school.
We are looking for a teacher who:
· Is passionate about teaching, sets high expectations and promotes a love of learning for all leaners
· Is able to enthuse and inspire children to achieve
· Adopts a fully inclusive approach to their teaching and meets the needs of all children in their class
· Is able to create a first class quality learning curriculum and environment in which children can thrive
· Is committed to working as part of a team
· Has a cheerful character and a good sense of humor!
Applications are welcome from experienced teachers and ECTs. Leadership opportunities are available for suitable candidates. Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged so please call the office to arrange an appointment. We look forward to meeting you.
All applications must be made using the online form – we do not accept CVs as any part of an application.
Interview date will be confirmed. Please note that we will take up references before the interview. It is essential therefore, that all reference details supplied are correct, up to date and include a current e-mail address.
Start date: 1st January 2024
The Good Shepherd Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We ensure that all our recruitment and employment practices reflect this commitment.
The safety and wellbeing of every child in the care of Ashley is our absolute priority. We expect all of our staff, pupils, parents, LGC members, Trust directors, visitors, contractors and third-party professionals to share this view. The safeguarding and protection of children is everyone’s responsibility.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.