- Job role
- Teaching assistant
- Key stage
- Early years
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, term time
- Contract type
- Fixed term (August 2022)
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £19,312 to £19,698
- Actual salary
- £16,518 to £16,848 with under 5 years' service
Nether Edge Primary School
Post: Early Years Teaching Assistant Level 2
Contract type: 37 hours/39 weeks
Contract term: Fixed Term, Ending 31 August 2022
Salary: Grade 3 (£19,312 to £19,698 for a full time member of staff,
Pro Rata Salary: £16,518 to £16,848 (with under 5 years’ service)
Commencement Date: As soon as possible
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Early Years Teaching Assistant at Level 2 to join our hardworking and supportive team. We are an outstanding school who always work hard to make our practice as good as it possibly can be for all the children.
This role is to work in a team of Teaching Assistants and to assist with assessing and teaching the children within our specialised assessment system. A passion and understanding of early years reading and phonics is a key component of our teaching.
The right candidate will:
- deliver high quality support/interventions for both groups and individuals
- develop positive relationships with students, parents and staff
- have strong Numerical Skills
- have experience ideally gained within a busy and demanding environment
- have an ability to work using their own initiative
- have an alignment to a can-do culture
- possess the capability to maintain effective relationships
- have a high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults
- display the talent to adapt to changing situations and learn new skills
- own a keen eye for ensuring the safety of our pupils
- hold strong principles that are aligned with the school
We are passionate about enabling all our students the very best start in life at Nether Edge Primary School. Great support staff make a difference.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit a Mercia Learning Trust Application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we do NOT accept CV’s or Council Application Forms.
Closing Date: Monday 3 January 2022
The Mercia Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for this post.
The ability to converse at ease with students and members of the public, and to provide advice in accurate spoken English, is essentially to the role.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 436 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About Nether Edge Primary School
Thank you for your interest in joining Nether Edge Primary School. This is an excellent opportunity to join a great school and to play a key role in shaping the provision of education for our children.
Nether Edge is a happy, thriving school providing high quality education both in the classroom and throughout a wide range of extra-curricular activities. We are very proud of our children and believe they should perform well academically and also develop as people.
Nether Edge Primary is part of the Mercia Learning Trust along with King Ecgbert School, Mercia School, Newfield School, Totley Primary and Valley Park Primary.
Our expectations for every Nether Edge child are high; excellence and enjoyment are at the heart of all we will seek to do. We believe in the potential of every child, providing opportunities and enabling them to thrive in our caring environment.
Our staff team are central to our success. They drive and accelerate the outstanding provision we offer to our community and we want the very best people to join us.
If you feel you have the skills, drive and ambition to help support our aims then please do read on.