26 days remaining to apply
Job start date
4 September 2023
26 April 2023 at 11:59pm
14 March 2023
- View all Full timejobs - Full time, permanent position
Full-time equivalent salary
- Grade 7, point 39 - 44 £45,611 - £51,347 pa (FTE)
What skills and experience we're looking for
Full time, permanent position
Grade 7, point 39 - 44 £45,611 - £51,347 pa (FTE)
Start Date – 4th September 2023 (or sooner)
Are you passionate about promoting the achievement and wellbeing of children and young people, especially those with Special Educational Needs and/or other barriers to their learning and development?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We have an exciting opportunity for an Educational Psychologist to make a real difference to the education of children and young people and support the development of learner attainment and wellbeing across our trust.
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
- Experience delivering a full range of generic psychological services to Wessex schools and early year’s settings covering; consultation, assessment, intervention, research, and training functions.
- An Educational Psychology qualification (e.g. Doctorate or Masters)
- A proven track record of supporting and guiding parents/carers to understand and meet the needs of their children/ young people to promote their achievement and well-being.
- Experience of delivering a targeted and specialist psychological service of consultation, assessment advice, planning, therapy to a range of clients including head teachers, teachers, parents/carers, young people and other practitioners.
- Collaborative leadership with an ability to build effective partnerships with parents/careers, leaders, teachers and other stake holders.
- Skilled policy and procedure design and implementation, based on evidence.
- Experience monitoring the effectiveness of interventions.
To apply for this position, please complete a Support Staff application form, (available on our website), together with a letter of application for the attention of Mr Ian Squire (Trust SEND Lead). Completed applications should be returned by email to HR.
If you wish to visit the Central Office or discuss the role informally prior to making an application, please contact the HR team.
What the school offers its staff
The Wessex Learning Trust is a multi-academy trust which is proud to deliver innovative education to all young people, through collaboration. This is an exciting time to join the Trust as we grow.
We can offer:
- Professional induction, training and continued professional development opportunities.
- Staff benefits including reduced leisure centre membership and cycle to work scheme.
- A staff assistance programme with specialist provider, Carefirst who provide a 24/7 free phone helpline, or face-to-face counselling for every employee in the Wessex family.
- Exciting opportunities as part of a growing multi-academy Trust
Further details about the role
The Wessex Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding young people and promoting the welfare of children, and all staff appointed will undergo online checks and be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Wessex Learning Trust
- Multi-academy trust
- Email address
The Wessex Learning Trust is a leading multi-academy trust in the South West of England, offering a world class, twenty-first century education for all young people aged between two and nine-teen. We are passionate about providing the very best education for all the children in our care. Our ambition is that every student is helped to achieve their full potential so that they can make a positive contribution to our society and realise their lifetime ambitions. Each individual Academy in the Wessex Learning Trust is encouraged to maintain its own distinctive ethos, be at the centre of their community and raise aspirations and achievement. This is achieved in two ways: firstly, through excellent teaching to inspire curiosity, unlock talents and realise potential; and secondly, by ensuring high quality care, guidance and support that ensures the personal development and welfare of each child. By working together, we believe we can harness the talents of all our staff, share good practice between all our Academies and share resources that enable us to concentrate on delivering excellence in education.
Arranging a visit to Wessex Learning Trust
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head office location
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed