English KS5 Leader: TLR 2.1
This is an opportunity for an experienced English teacher to join our outstanding English department and become part of our cohesive, professional and supportive team. The department is well-resourced with a dedicated teaching block including four ICT rooms and interactive whiteboards in every classroom. There is also the opportunity to teach Media or Film Studies within the department, but this is not a requirement. Subjects are high performing with excellent teaching practice, and are popular at A level as well as GCSE.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in relevant subject
Degree in relevant subject, QTS
Essential skills and experience
The successful candidate will be:
• Ambitious for young people and for themselves
• Creative in using new technologies or teaching approaches to help students to learn and progress
• Keen to continually develop their practice, sharing what works best with their team
• An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students
• You will be joining a school where staff share best practice so that our standard of teaching and support is both high quality and continually developing.
• You will be teaching in your own classroom area with access to specialist facilities and up to date technology
• You will benefit from our well-established programme of training and development
• You will be working with students who are enthusiastic and keen to succeed
• You will be part of the team with colleagues who are supportive and welcoming, and a staffroom social committee that organises various events as well as regular Friday evening sporting sessions for those with energy!
About Cheam High School
- Chatsworth Road, Sutton, Surrey, SM3 8PW
- Cheam High School website (opens in a new window)