- No, visa sponsorship not available
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- MPS - UPS
TLR 2a + SEN1
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Appropriate experience delivering Literacy
- Experience of setting targets and monitoring performance in order to raise student achievement
- Have experience of working with children with Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC)/Social Communication and Interaction Difficulties (SCID)
What the school offers its staff
- Support on continuous professional development (CPD) opportunities
- Brunel Perks – exclusive discounts on a range of products and retailers from cinema tickets, food shopping and holidays
- Discounts with Swindon Designer Outlet Village
- Carefirst – impartial counselling service in person, by video call or phone as well as a citizen’s advice function for advice and support on personal or professional queries
- Excellent pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Annual pay progression opportunities
Further details about the role
- To lead and monitor in Literacy across the EP to ensure high quality provision is provided to meet the educational and support needs of our students
- To raise the profile and oversee the development of Literacy across the curriculum and within the school
- To plan and deliver training for staff and supporting colleagues
- To provide examples of good and outstanding teaching practice; including preparation and planning and classroom management
- To lead on the creation and implementation of appropriate strategies, action plans and policies
- To support the implementation of the School Improvement Plan (SIP) and contribute to the strategic vision of the HoEP and LGC Governors
- To participate in meetings which relate to the EP’s management, curriculum, administration or organisation
- To teach according to the student's individual educational needs
Commitment to safeguarding
Brunel Academies Trust is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check, references and medical clearance.
Under the provision of the Equality Act 2010, Brunel Academies Trust welcomes applications from everyone and operates a recruitment process that is fair and does not discriminate against or disadvantage anyone because of their age, pronouns preference, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy, paternity or maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
This job post has expired.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Uplands School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 19
- School size
- 155 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
Uplands School is a high performing secondary school for students aged 11- 19 with severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties and autistic spectrum disorders. Rated Outstanding by Ofsted in 2022, our school is not like any other. It is unique, with a group of inspiring students and a team of supportive, nurturing and dedicated Teaching Assistants and Class Teachers who strive to give our students the most positive learning experiences possible as they move into adulthood.
Arranging a visit to Uplands School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.