|Job role||Teacher, Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||M1 £24, 372 - UPS 3 £40,490|
Fixed Term appointment to cover a period of maternity leave.
We look for passionate individuals who want to be a part of transforming education and will make an active contribution to the development of the Cabot Learning Federation and chosen Academy. You will be used to planning and consistently delivering high quality lessons, will have experience in delivering the curriculum in your chosen area and will be a strong communicator with the ability to embrace change and motivate colleagues and students. A well-qualified specialist, holding QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree, you will have the ability to teach Key Stage 3- Key Stage 4. We look for professional’s who have excellent class management skills and have high expectations of work and behaviour.
Your duties will specifically include:
• Planning outstanding lessons that meet the needs of all students whilst developing a high-quality programme of study that includes accurate target setting.
• Monitor and report on the progress of students and take appropriate action to ensure all students achieve their potential through exceptional methods of feedback.
• Meeting the needs of learners from key identified groups, including pupil premium, looked after children, SEND and High Attaining students.
• Recognise, value and support the delivery of opportunities which extend beyond the confines of classroom delivery and seek to enrich and add value to the students experience & learning.
• Empowered to develop your own expert practice and support the development of others.
As part of the Cabot Learning Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
• Access to our pension scheme - Teacher Pension Scheme (if eligible)
• Dedicated Training and Development programmes
• Health and wellness sessions and discounts.
• Secured discounts for staff at a number of gyms in the local area.
• Flu Jabs
• Annual CLF conferences which provides CPD opportunity
• Comprehensive Induction process
• Competitive salaries which are reviewed annually
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
|School size||874 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||The City Academy Bristol website (opens in a new window)|
About The City Academy Bristol
City Academy is a very diverse school with a high proportion of disadvantaged students (51% PPI, 18% SEND and 42% EAL) serving it’s community in the heart of Bristol. It was the first academy in the South West, opening on the site of the St George School in 2009. From the 1st June 2016 City Academy has been part of the Cabot Learning Federation and at this point the current Principal was appointed permanently. In April 2019 the academy was judged “Good” by Ofsted and with an intake of 221 in year 7, the highest for over 8 years, the academy is now becoming the school of choice for the local community.
Russell Town Avenue, Bristol, Avon, BS5 9JH