English Teacher with Key Stage Achievement Lead Responsibility
Oasis Academy Silvertown, London
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Subjects||English, English, English|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £29,664 to £40,372|
POST: English Teacher with Key Stage Achievement Lead Responsibility
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Learning Area (English)
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Progress and Achievement – English
SALARY: Main Pay Scale plus £1,500 for additional responsibility
CONTRACT: Full Time, Permanent
LOCATION: Oasis Academy Silvertown
DISCLOSURE LEVEL: Enhanced
A. PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
• To assist the Head of Learning Area in fulfilling the academy’s vision and instilling the academy’s values in all that we do.
• To assist the Head of Learning Area in providing strategic leadership.
• To consistently teach outstanding lessons which bring about excellent outcomes for students.
• Strategically implement quality assurance measures to ensure attainment and outcomes for our students.
• The post holder is expected to meet all the Core and Post Threshold, Excellent and Advanced Skills Professional Standards for Teachers.
• All leaders in the Academy will devise strategies for raising attainment and ensuring the Academy Development Plan is implemented successfully.
• The post holder will be required to deliver daily sessions of literacy intervention in addition to their core responsibilities.
B. JOB PURPOSE:
• To consistently teach outstanding lessons which bring about excellent outcomes for students
• The post holder is expected to meet all the Core, Excellent and Advanced Skills Professional Standards for Teachers.
• The post holder will be required to deliver daily sessions of literacy intervention in addition to their core responsibilities
• The post holder will be required to pastorally lead a vertical House Group as their House Coach
• The post holder will be required to teach outside of their subject area as part of our Enrichment Curriculum (Sport, Music, Cookery, Art, Film etc)
Quality of Teaching and Learning
• To consistently ensure your teaching is good and outstanding and outcomes are exemplary and in line with KPIs.
• To support the Head of Learning Area in ensuring the teaching across your Department is consistently good and outstanding and their outcomes are exemplary and in line with KPIs.
• To work in partnership with the lead professional for teaching and learning to ensure there is support for colleagues to developing their:
Knowledge Skills Pedagogy
• To consistently ensure quality across teaching through rigorous quality assurance measures.
• To regularly observe and develop colleagues and act as a beacon of best Pedagogical practice.
• To ensure you are up to date with national and international curriculum developments.
• To create, lead on and develop whole Academy continued professional development to ensure outstanding outcomes for students.
• To be at the cutting edge of Pedagogical research in order to influence and develop best practice here.
• Seek opportunities to collaborate with other Academies, innovative and high achieving schools through the Oasis Community Learning and other relevant networks to share and develop excellent Pedagogies.
Student Achievement and Attainment
• Ensure a rigorous assessment policy is in place so that KPIs can be accurately tracked and monitored in order to ensure students make outstanding progress.
• Set challenging targets that build on prior attainment of every student and ensure our KPIs are met.
• Evaluate student progress on a weekly basis through ensuring student progress is levelled with clear targets to develop
• Ensure the quality of feedback throughout the Academy is in line with Assessment for learning policy.
• Set, track, evaluate and report on individual student progress and steer students towards their targets.
• Keep systematic records to show students' understanding and completion of work and the identified strengths, areas for development and grades awarded.
• Support and help colleagues to improve their effectiveness by developing their understanding and use of student data and strategies to address underachievement.
• Ensure a consistent and continuous focus on student achievement using data to track and monitor the progress in every student’s learning.
• Evaluate student progress through the use of appropriate assessments and records and regular analysis of the data.
• Use national, local and Academy data effectively to analyse and evaluate student progress; planning and implementing effective interventions to support students. Use local and national statistical data and other information, in order to provide (a) a comparative baseline for evaluating learners’ progress and attainment, (b) a means of judging the effectiveness of their teaching, and (c) a basis for improving teaching and learning
• Creating, designing, monitoring, and developing the English curriculum in line with OAS vision and values.
Whole Academy Responsibility
• To assist the Principal in fulfilling the academy’s vision and instilling the academy’ values in all that we do.
• Assist in the appointment of staff and their deployment to make the most effective use of their skills, expertise and experience to raise standards of achievement across the Academy.
• Any other responsibility as set out by the Principal
D. SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
Oasis is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young People. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including an enhanced DBS check.
OTHER: The above responsibilities are subject to the general duties and responsibilities contained in the Statement of Conditions of Employment.
The duties of this post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or level of responsibility entailed.
Essential educational requirements
• First degree or 2:1 in related subject
• Commitment to own continuing professional development
• Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Evidence of leading aspects of a Department which have had a significant impact on the quality of teaching and learning and attainment and achievement.
• Evidence of teaching outstanding lessons over time
• Evidence of significantly improving teaching and learning and examination results at Key Stage 3 and 4.
• Evidence of raising standards over a 3 year Period. Including evidence of raising levels of progress from Key Stage 2-4
• Evidence of managing challenging behaviour successfully and implementing strategies to ensure a consistent approach to behaviour management is taken throughout a faculty
• Experience of successful team leadership and team membership
• Evidence of the ability, ambition and experience to develop and maintain a clear and vibrant vision for a curriculum area
• Experience of successfully contributing to aspects of whole school life
Additional Responsibility Allowance
Teachers Pension Scheme
|School type||Free School|
|School size||329 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Oasis Academy Silvertown website (opens in a new window)|
About Oasis Academy Silvertown
Rymill Street, London, E16 2TX