Burnley High School has an exciting opportunity for a passionate and dedicated Teacher of English to join the school on a full time and permanent basis. The successful candidate will also have Literacy Lead responsibility and will receive a TLR 2C payment in recognition.
What does this job do?
· Implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for pupils.
· Monitor and support the overall progress and development of pupils as a teacher/form tutor.
· Facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides pupils with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
· Contribute to raising standards of pupil attainment.
· Share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
What are the job requirements?
· Qualified Teacher Status
· Qualified to at least degree level in English/or adequate post degree conversion course
· Proven record or evidence from teaching practice of potential to help students reach high standards of learning and achievement
· Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and re-prioritise workload when needed
· A high level of self-awareness – knows strengths and weaknesses and can relate to difficult personality types well
· Excellent ICT skills for teaching
About Burnley High School:
Burnley High School was founded in 2014 in Burnley, Lancashire. It is a mainstream school for mixed pupils aged 11-16. Burnley High School is part of the Education Partnership Trust.
Values and Vision
Burnley High School promises to “transform lives” by empowering pupils to achieve their full potential. The school focuses on developing the “whole person”. Beyond academic expectations, young people also learn life skills, and their personal and social development is encouraged.
The school’s ambition is to build a life-long love of learning and a set of moral values to help pupils make a positive contribution to society.
About the Education Partnership Trust (EPT):
EPT was established in 2012 as a multi-academy trust and is an approved academy sponsor. Our vision is to create outstanding schools which transform learning, lives and communities. We benefit from our diverse and unique range of schools which include secondary mainstream, alternative provision and special and have a proven track record of sustained improvement. Our schools are united by a drive to improve opportunities and outcomes for children and young people within a collaborative learning culture.
Our staff are our most valued asset so we continually invest in our colleagues and we believe that all teaching and support staff posts within our schools are key in terms of supporting pupil achievement and improving their life chances. As such we are keen to recruit dedicated and ambitious professionals who will add value to our schools and trust by helping our young people to succeed.
“If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, we want you to work for Education Partnership Trust.”
Our extensive range of rewards and benefits include:
- Healthcare cash back plan provided free by the trust includes optical, dental, physio, diagnostics, health assessment, NHS prescription charges, hospital cover, discounted gym memberships plus lots more.
- 6 sessions of free counselling including CBT, wellbeing and bereavement.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Access to teacher pension scheme.
- Free parking.
- Green Car Scheme (Salary Sacrifice).
- Training, mentoring and progression opportunities including our Emerging Leaders programmes.
- Trust wide intranet to share knowledge and resources.
Incomplete application forms will not be shortlisted, if you need to discuss a reason for being unable to complete a section, please contact the recruitment team HR@ept-uk.com
If you would like a tour of the school please contact the School Business Manager – email@example.com.
Please be advised, as part of due diligence checks, online searches will be carried out on shortlisted candidates.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.