- Leadership 1 - 5
Executive Assistant Head Teacher and SENDCo job summary
Following the successful promotion and the retirement of two of our existing Senior Leadership Team, a unique opportunity has arisen within our schools whereby the Federation Governors wish to appoint a new Executive Assistant Head Teacher to work across Shadwell and Bramham Primary School in a SENDCo and pastoral role.
The successful applicant should have relevant experience and be an outstanding practitioner, to work together with the Executive Head Teacher and the wider Senior Leadership Team in support of the Federation vision, values and ethos in achieving a world-class education for all our children. The new Assistant Head will be driven and determined to ensure high standards of behaviour and achievement and will balance this with our understanding and ethos for nurturing children and in promoting their well-being in achieving 'Excellence for All'.
The Assistant Head will hold an essential position across both schools and will be regarded by staff, parents and the wider community as the first point of contact for children with SEND and any behavioural / pastoral issues, in liaison with the well-being mentor. This position is ideal for someone who has previously held the position of SENDCo in a single school and who would like further and wider leadership in their career progression. The role will be under the guidance of Heads of School and the strategic leadership of the existing Executive Head Teacher. This role will be excellent experience for those aspiring towards their own Deputy Headship and long term substantive Headship in the future.
We expect the very best from our children and in return, we give them the very best education. In this way, you will need to:
• Have a proven record of leading, managing, developing, inspiring and motivating staff and able to work collaboratively and efficiently as part of a team
• Demonstrate the skills needed to develop and maintain an outstanding learning environment including good organisational skills, passion and creativity
• Have excellent interpersonal skills
• Be an outstanding practitioner with a deep understanding of the National Curriculum
• Have experience in inclusive practice and oversee excellent progress is made by every child
In return, we can offer:
• Wonderful children who are well behaved, motivated and encouraged by their supportive parents
• A high-performing, dedicated and supportive professional team of staff and leadership
• A commitment to outstanding continual professional development with cross-Federation opportunities
• A developing, child-centred learning environment
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service Check.
We are passionate about creating a diverse workforce and positively encourage applications from under-represented communities.
Successful applicants must be able to attend an interview and tasks on Friday 27th May 2022.
Applying for the job
Please complete the application form and email to email@example.com. Thank youDownload an application form - 143 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.