Reports to:Ark Regional Director
Start date:April 2023 or sooner if possible
Salary:Highly competitive with relocation package available if required
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Closing date:Monday 31stOctober at 9am
First Interview:Thursday 3rd November
Second Interview:Wednesday 9th November
Do you have the vision, passion and rigour to lead Ark Alexandra Academy at this important stage in its development?
We are looking for an inspirational Executive Principal to lead the school to further success in its next stage of improvement and growth. You will be a rigorous and committed leader with high aspirations and ambitions for the school and will be able to remain resilient through challenges, having the vision and skills to bring about sustainable improvement. You will provide strategic leadership across the school while also working closely with the Principal and senior leadership team on a day-to-day basis.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a large school entering the next phase of its development. You will have the full support of the Regional Director and the network to ensure that Ark Alexandra Academy makes a lasting contribution to its community, supporting local children to fulfil their ambitions. This is a great opportunity for either an experienced Principal who wishes to remain in school, but wants to step into executive leadership, or an experienced Executive Principal who gains most satisfaction from working within a busy school setting, engaging with staff, parents and pupils.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be fully aligned to the Ark Pillars and Values
- Have a clear understanding of what makes a great school
- Achieve most satisfaction from being in school, working closely with staff and leadership teams
- Possess the technical and behavioural traits to lead a highly effective school
- Have experience of facilitating rapid and sustainable improvement within a school
- Be able to demonstrate impact in key areas of provision in current or previous roles
- Be a great teacher themselves. We are looking for a leader who really knows what great learning looks like in the classroom and how to achieve it
- Be able to secure a strong culture within the academy, with the students and their families
- Be network-minded, collaborative and able to contribute meaningfully to our strategic development at regional and network level
What we can offer:
- Influence across network-wide issues through our principal meetings and regional collaboration
- On-hand expertise from our dedicated central education and operations teams who are ready to support you and your school
- Bespoke teacher development programmes supported by the Great Teacher Rubric
- Excellent career development opportunities across both the region and wider Ark network
- Access to excellent senior leader training
- Highly competitive remuneration
For a confidential conversation, please contact Lorraine Clarke,email@example.com you can speak with our Head of Talent, Alexia di Marco, firstname.lastname@example.org 07779 583 744.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies. In order to meet this responsibility, its academies follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment - this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred.