QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Evidence of appropriate professional development
- Experience in teaching in the primary classroom (EYFS, KS1 or KS2)
PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
Be able to demonstrate a good knowledge and understanding of:
- The distinctive nature of a Catholic School
- High expectations for all young people
- Articulate, deliver and practice for high quality, inclusive education and care
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Be efficient, highly organised to deal effectively with a class teacher’s roles and responsibilities with aspirations for further development and responsibilities
- Understand and have good knowledge of recent curricular and pedagogical issues
- Demonstrate strong subject knowledge and understanding over the curriculum subjects
- Demonstrate effective use of Learning and Teaching strategies and Assessment for Learning
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
Applicants should be able to demonstrate from their experience an ability and desire to:
- Effectively inspire learners and enable outstanding learning
- Establish effective working relationships with staff, parents and the wider community
- Work with colleagues to move towards outstanding practice
- Prioritize, plan, organize and manage time
- Lead extra curricular activities
- Be committed to own personal development and training
- Be curious, positive and resilient and show initiative in supporting school improvement
- Raise pupil performance standards for all learners
- Act as a role model for pupils and other staff by setting high personal and professional standards
- Deal sensitively with people and resolve conflicts
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE OF TEACHING
- Recent teaching experience within the primary phase
- To effectively use assessment data and target-setting to raise standards
- Teaching experience within the Key Stage for which you are applying
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
ve a passion to work at our school and view the post as a privileged position
Supportive of the Academy’s Catholic ethos Ability to demonstrate excellent classroom practice
This permanent position offers an exciting opportunity for an Early Careers teacher or more experienced professional, ready to join our team of dedicated staff.
St Cuthbert's is one of eight schools that are part of the Blessed Edward Bamber Multi Academy Trust (BEBCMAT) and has a particularly close and unique relationship with Christ the King Catholic Academy (both schools are led by the same leadership team).
Governors are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, skilled teacher who will support the schools’ aspirations for improving the life chances of the children and families we serve. The post is permanent at St Cuthbert’s and the successful candidate would take up the position from 17th April 2023.
The position advertised involves leading an effective play based learning environment that will in turn make a significant contribution to the positive educational outcomes of our children. Both of our rapidly improving schools are one form entry however shared planning, organisation and discussion opportunities are frequent between our two sites. There are also opportunities to move between sites, in future years should this be something that interests you.
St Cuthbert’s early years outdoor area is just about to start a significant make over. The space has been in need of investment for many years and around 12 months ago we secured funding to complete the transformation. Designs were completed last year and we are waiting patiently for our “slot” within the firm’s timetable to become available. The successful candidate can still influence and engage in this great project for our early years team.
The Governors and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons and class teachers must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS and obtain any other statutorily required clearance.
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022 guidance, an online search will be carried out as part of our due diligence on shortlisted candidates
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps