Opportunity to join an ‘Outstanding’
all-through academy specialising in mathematics and citizenship.
Salary: £37,667 - £59,242
Location: Wembley, London
Nearest Tube station: Wembley Park (Jubilee/Metropolitan)
Start date: ASAP
Deadline: 8:00am Monday 4 December 2023
Interviews: will be arranged on an ongoing basis. The school reserves the right to close this advert early and interviews may take place before the advertised closing date. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early for this role to avoid disappointment.
Ofsted: Outstanding (2022)
Ark Academy is an all-through school in Wembley Park, set against the backdrop of the iconic Wembley Stadium, with excellent transport links. It’s an exciting time to join Ark Academy having recently maintained our outstanding reputation in our last Ofsted inspection. This
About the role:
We are looking to recruit a Reception class teacher on a permanent basis. The role available is suited to an EYFS practitioner. Someone who is committed to driving standards and ensuring every child is challenged to achieve their maximum potential. We want a teacher who has the skills and desire to develop and nurture every child in their care. They will deliver consistently good teaching and learning, in order to help all students to achieve excellent academic results. In return, they will work alongside staff who will coach, nurture and lead by example to ensure the best for their team.
The ideal candidate will be:
· an individual with the commitment to driving standards and ensuring every child is challenged to achieve their maximum potential
· a teacher with experience of raising attainment of all pupils in a challenging classroom environment
· someone who is committed to developing their own teaching practice in a supportive team environment
· a professional who is able to work in partnership with parents and other stakeholders
· an excellent communicator who enjoys working as part of a team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- become part of a team of an ‘Outstanding’ all-through academy
- join a highly successful Maths team that has an exceptional track record for training and developing teachers and a large cohort of 6th form taking Maths
- Access continuous staff development. We have a minimum of 10 training days and weekly in school sessions of a high standard. We strongly support NPQML, NPQSL and Lead Practitioner course.
- join the Ark network and have access to a range of benefits including professional development opportunities, reduced gym membership and large retail discounts
- As a member of Ark Academy, you will receive extensive professional development geared towards excellence. Weekly sessions designed by those who understand the context of the school, are ensured to cater for our teachers’ every need. In addition, the school provides continual support and career progression. Numerous comprehensive training programmes are available to our staff from NQTs to aspiring middle and senior leaders.
- Our successful behaviour policies treat student behaviour not as the responsibility of individual teachers, but of the entire school. This ensures as a teacher at Ark Academy, your time is never wasted dealing with discipline. Our students know what is expected of them, allowing both students and teachers to focus on learning.
We welcome applications from ECTs as well as more experienced teachers.
View the candidate information pack here
As a teacher at Ark Academy, you will be part of Ark, an international charity and one of the UK's most successful multi-academy trusts, with a network of 35 schools in 4 locations across the country.
Benefits of being part of the Ark network include:
· A salary 2.5% higher than the main scale teacher salaries
· Twice as many training days as standard and network-wide events with Ark colleagues, held by the best minds in education
Click here to find out more about the benefits of work for Ark Academy.
Previous applicants need not apply.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit www.arkacademy.org/vacancies and submit an application. A golden hello is available for the successful candidate if the application has been made directly through the school's recruitment portal.
For an informal, confidential discussion, please contact James Elliott, Primary Headteacher on 020 8385 4371.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies. In order to meet this responsibility, its academies follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment - this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred. To read more about Ark’s safer recruitment process, please click this link.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment - this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred.
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.