Suitable for NQTs
NJC Scale 5 of the APT&C scale (points 11 – 15) £24,693 - £26,520 if the post were full time. Working term time (0.855 FTE) the actual salary will be in the range £21,113 – £22,675.
The Limes College is seeking to appoint a Family Outreach Worker to join our multi-agency team, motivating young people who are at risk of exclusion, have been excluded or are out of school on a temporary basis for a variety of reasons.
This post will be supporting families and young people with complex and multiple needs so that they are more able to access the curriculum. It may involve planning and delivering individual and small group work activities for students.
You will have:
* Minimum of GCSE Maths and English at grades A – C or equivalent;
* Experience and/or qualifications of working with pupils with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties;
*The ability to motivate and support vulnerable young people;
* Good communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff, students, parents/carers and other professionals;
* A can-do attitude.
* An organisation with a clear moral purpose to change young people’s lives;
* Excellent professional development opportunities;
* Strong community spirit;
* Staff who are supportive towards each other;
* Pension scheme;
* Term-time hours;
* Free access to the employee assistance programme;
* A curriculum where personalised learning is at the heart.
The Limes College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Further information about The Limes College is available on our website.
Closing date: Wednesday, 23 June 2021
Interviews: Wednesday, 30 June 2021
Applying for the job
Please apply via Eteach.More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, ages 5 to 16
95 pupils enrolled
5 to 16
About The Limes College
The Limes College is a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) which offers alternative education provision outside of a traditional schooling environment to key stages 1 to 4; it accepts students from mainstream schools in Sutton with educational and behavioural needs. The current roll of around 150 students consists of those who have been permanently excluded or those at risk of exclusion. Many students are with us for only a short time while some will remain on roll for their entire GCSE courses. In the last academic year, we worked with 210 students.
Arranging a visit to The Limes College
If you would like to arrange a visit, please contact Lisa Parry, HR Manager on 020 8652 1150.