Foundation Stage Class Teacher to cover Maternity
The South Hams Federation of schools are looking to appoint a full-time class teacher for a Foundation class at Modbury Primary School. This post is fixed term to provide maternity cover starting 28th October 2019.
• Familiar with the Early Years Foundation Stage profile?
• Committed to producing a thriving and inspiring learning environment for Early Years children?
• Passionate about children’s learning and keen to ensure all children succeed and make progress?
• Able to provide a proven track record of high standards?
• Well-organized, and committed to high standards?
• Keen to be part of a dynamic forward thinking community working with partners at both a local and national level?
• Enthusiastic and inspirational - ready to go the extra mile?
We can offer:
• Lively, exciting and creative environments in which to teach.
• Excellent opportunities and support for professional and personal development.
• A great team of dedicated, forward thinking and creative staff across the Federation.
• Delightful and enthusiastic pupils who are eager to learn.
Modbury Primary School forms part of the South Hams Federation; a successful forward thinking dynamic Federation based in the South Hams region of Devon comprising Kingsbridge, Loddiswell, Malborough with South Huish C of E, Modbury and Stokenham Area Primary Schools; all of which are maintained primary schools.
The South Hams Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the post.
To arrange a school visit, please contact the school office directly on 01548 830312.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Sound pedagogical knowledge that underpins own practice.
Knowledge of Letters and Sounds
Knowledge of expected standards in Foundation and KS1
Evidence of good/outstanding teaching in the Foundation Stage or KS1
Evidence of effective use of assessment to inform teaching and learning.
Ability to manage young children’s behaviour consistently, in line with agreed policies.
Evidence of evaluating and developing own practice.
Evidence of children making good or better progress.
Ability to raise the confidence, self-esteem and independence of children.
Understand the role of the adult in children’s independent learning.
Understand child development and early learning.
Ability to improve children’s talk and to narrow the vocabulary gap.
Ability to create a safe learning environment in which children are confident to take risks.
Evidence of successfully raising standards for children with various learning styles and needs.
About Modbury Primary School
- Modbury, Ivybridge, Devon, PL21 0RB
- LA Maintained School
- Modbury Primary School website (opens in a new window)