French & Spanish Teacher
Little Ilford School, London
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £30,480 to £41,483|
|Newly qualified teacher||Suitable|
You are required to carry out the duties of a school teacher as set out in the current Schoolteachers’ Pay and Conditions Document.
1. To teach the classes/courses agreed in consultation with the Curriculum Team Leader and to ensure that teaching materials and methodologies aim to:
● Develop the full potential of every student
● Value the skills, interests and experiences which students bring to the school, promoting students’ independence and control over their own learning
● Maximise students’ prior knowledge and attainment
● Develop the use of the community as a valuable learning resource
● Recognise and develop a wide variety of practical, oral, personal, social and academic skills
● Provide a coherent curriculum for students through liaison with other staff and departments
● Ensure good discipline amongst students
● Recognise and praise student progress
2. To monitor and record student achievement in line with the school and departmental policies on assessment. This will include keeping students, parents and senior staff informed of student progress through writing of reports, student assessment, attendance at parents’ meetings and other forms of parental liaison as agreed by the department/school.
3. To deliver the school’s teaching and learning priorities to the best of your ability.
4. To keep up to date records of the following: lesson planning, students’ punctuality, attendance, attainment, progress, work done and homework set, according to school and department policy.
5. To maintain a stimulating learning environment in your teaching area.
6. To have responsibility for the care and welfare of all students and, when necessary, liaise with the Curriculum Team Leader, Form Tutors, Year Team Leader and Senior Staff as appropriate.
7. To keep up to date with new developments in the curriculum and liaise with colleagues as appropriate.
8. To be a form tutor and play a full part in pastoral activities.
9. To implement Little Ilford’s and the LA’s policy on equal opportunities.
10. To liaise with, advise and contribute to the work of colleagues with cross-curricular responsibilities and to contribute to the development of a Personal, Social and Health Education programme within the school.
11. To play an active part in the overall organisation and development of the school. This could be done in a variety of ways but will include contributing to various staff meetings and working parties/committees.
12. To play a part in the implementation of Little Ilford School/LA policies with respect to:
a) general school duties
b) cover for colleagues if sudden absence or illness makes the
arrangement of cover staff impossible
13. To mark, assess and moderate students’ course work in line with requirements of the examination boards.
14. To take on specific responsibilities concerned with administering the department and/or supporting and developing the curriculum (These tasks to be defined following consultation with the Curriculum Team Leader and Headteacher).
Essential educational requirements
Post Graduate Certificate in Education
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
Qualified Teacher Status (with DfE Number)
Knowledge of Curriculum and SEN Code of Practice
Willingness to develop own expertise
Strong academic record in the subject
Successful teaching record (e.g. whilst on teaching practice)
ABILITIES & APTITUDES:
Clear verbal communication
Able to communicate clearly in writing
Able to work well as part of a team
Commitment to promote student achievement
Commitment to developing the ethos of the school
Ability to manage and adapt to change
Commitment to school and LA Equal Opportunities Policy & Practice
Excellent attendance and punctuality
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||1402 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Little Ilford School website (opens in a new window)|
About Little Ilford School
Rectory Road, London, E12 6JB