- Job role
- Teaching assistant
- Working pattern
- Part time
30 hours per week (5 days)
- Contract type
- Fixed term (31/08/2022)
General Teaching Assistant 1:1 (Grade C) 30 hours per week (5 days), term time only. Fixed Term Contract up to 31/08/22 with possibility of extension beyond this date.
Hours of work 8:45 to 15:15 with half an hour for lunch, Monday to Friday.
Start date: November 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a GTA to join us as part of our team. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, energetic and inspirational practitioner with a proven track record of securing high standards. They will have a passion for learning and a good understanding of how to support the pupils’ developing independence. The successful candidate must be confident in working across the school, although the role will initially be within our KS2 class. The majority of the role will incorporate time working on a 1:1 basis with pupils.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a “can do” attitude with high aspirations of themselves, our children and staff, including their own CPD
• Be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Have a good understanding of children’s learning and be able to secure rapid and sustained progress through teaching interventions
• Have an empathetic understanding of children’s emotions and learning behaviours and actively seek to remove barriers to learning
• Be proactive, energetic and flexible
• Be fully committed to the ethos of the school
• Support the change process and remain open to new ideas
Weaverthorpe School is proud to offer:
• Polite, friendly children with a love of learning
• Strong, friendly, positive and inspiring team
• Enthusiastic and supportive parents and governors
• Opportunities to learn from highly skilled practitioners
• The challenge of working within a school that is committed to achieving strong progress for all our pupils, irrespective of their starting points
• An exciting, positive ethos where we celebrate success at all levels
Please download the application pack from the school website www.weaverthorpe.n-yorks.sch.uk and return this to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date – 9.00am on Thursday 30th September 2021. Candidates invited for interview will be informed by email on Monday 4th October. Interviews to be held on Tuesday 12th October on the school site, following social distancing guidelines. Should you have not heard by Wednesday 13th October, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Enhanced Level DBS Disclosure is required for appointment to this post.
NYCC are committed to directly recruiting staff and will not accept applications nor services from agency suppliers in respect of our vacancies.
We are committed to meeting the needs of our diverse community and aim to have a workforce reflecting this diversity. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 28 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About Weaverthorpe Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
Welcome to Weaverthorpe CE Primary School. Thank you for showing an interest in our school and all we have to offer. For current parents we hope this will be a useful place to keep up to date with school events and help you to be more involved in your child’s education in partnership with us. Please do let us know of further information you would find useful to see here. For future parents and pupils, we hope this site will show you all we have to offer and help you to find out about our school. We care for and educate all pupils from 3 to 11 years. Children join our lively nursery and work through school developing skills, knowledge and confidence during their time with us. We would warmly welcome you to visit us to find out more.
Mrs Rachel Ray, Acting Headteacher.