• To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
• To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/ Form Tutor
• To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
• To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status within the relevant subject area
Well qualified in the appropriate subject area and/or participation in relevant in-service courses and/or further professional study.
Essential skills and experience
Experience of teaching all or most of the age range served by the School (11 – 18).
Successful experience of organising, delivering and evaluating the teaching of the subject area both with regard to methodology as well as content.
Understanding of the requirements of the National Curriculum and developments in teaching of GCSE and post 16 within the subject area.
Understanding of and experience in developing cross-curricular links.
On-going extensive CPD programme
Ride to work scheme
About Alperton Community School
We are a large, mixed, 11-18 academy with over 300 students in our sixth form. Due to our increased popularity as a school, we expanded our roll to 12 form-entry in September 2018. Alperton Community School is proud to be an inclusive school with a student intake that reflects a wonderfully diverse and vibrant local community. Our students are very well behaved, work hard and are ambitious to succeed. Our most recent Ofsted rating recognised the school as Good with Outstanding Leadership and Management. Student progress at GCSE and A Level has been above national averages for the last three years with disadvantaged students performing well above national averages. Our progress 8 score has been consistently “above average” for the last three years. We also see high numbers of our students progress to Oxbridge and Russell Group Universities. Student attendance and the percentage of students who remain in education, employment or training are also well above national averages. We are very fortunate to have a brand new school building. The new building has 83 classrooms with purpose-built specialist Drama, Music, Art and DT facilities as well as 14 Science laboratories, 10 ICT rooms, a Dance Studio, an Activity Studio, an enormous Sports Hall and three outdoor MUGAs. Every classroom is equipped with state-of-the-art ICT facilities. We are very fortunate to have extensive outdoor spaces which are set aside for break and lunchtime activities. Our school has become internationally recognised following the success of our Art and Textiles teacher Andria Zafirakou who won the $1million Global Teacher Prize 2018. The school was shortlisted for the TES School of the Year 2018 and won the TES Maths Team of the Year 2017. We are one of only four schools in the country to hold the Platinum Professional Development Mark and one of only 100 schools to hold the Inclusion Quality Mark Centre of Excellence.
- Stanley Avenue, Wembley, Middlesex, HA0 4JE
- Alperton Community School website (opens in a new window)