Grade 2 and Grade 4 PPA Cover Teaching Assistant
This job expired on 17 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
As soon as possible
17 April 2023 at 9am
24 March 2023
- Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - 29.5 hours per week 1 day per week planned PPA cover
- SCP5- SCP22
What skills and experience we're looking for
Thank you for your interest in the post of teaching assistant and PPA cover teaching assistant at our school. The post will initially be at our Somers Park site.
We are looking to appoint a full-time permanent teaching assistant to join our staff. We are seeking a new member of staff who is able to support the learning and development of the pupils across our school alongside 1 day a week PPA cover of classes. The post will initially be in Upper Key Stage 2.
The vacancy available:
- Full time, permanent teaching assistant- 29.5 hours
- Grade 4- PPA cover- 1 day a week- 7.25 hours
- Grade 2- 4 days a week- 22 hours
- loves working with children!
- is able to cover a class for a planned day every week with the support of the class teacher.
- has strong interpersonal skills with pupils, staff and parents
- is able to make children think, uses high quality questioning and promotes a thirst for knowledge
- has high expectations of all children in every aspect of school life and is committed to safeguarding and well-being
- is able to enthuse and inspire children
- is successful when working collaboratively and who will contribute to a dynamic and hardworking team
What the school offers its staff
- has pupils who are enthusiastic and highly motivated, with a love of learning, and who thrive in a creative and challenging atmosphere
- has strong and supportive middle and senior leaders
- is committed to supporting continuous professional development
- has a team of staff that is recognised for its enthusiastic, friendly and rigorous approach to teaching and learning
- has parents and carers who are supportive and ambitious for their children
- has spacious premises and lovely grounds providing an excellent learning environment
Further details about the role
Please contact our recruitment coordinator, Claire Evans, in the school office on 01684 572949 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details or to request an application pack.
Closing date: Monday 17th April 2023, 9am.
Interviews: Thursday 20th April, 2023
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Somers Park Primary School
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 569 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Somers Park Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01684 572949
Somers Park Primary School has evolved over recent years following the construction in 2018, of the Malvern Vale satellite expansion site less than a mile from Somers Park. Despite differences in uniform, our two sites work very much as one, with teachers working together and children following the same curriculum. Growing a year group at a time, our Malvern Vale site now has Reception, Year 1, 2, 3 and 4 classes, and we will be at the 7 class capacity by September 2024. In our opinion we have the best of both worlds- fantastic modern facilities with a small school feel at Malvern Vale, accompanied by a main school with an established, forward thinking culture, demonstrating proven success over a number of years. As an early academy convertor, we are now the largest school in Mercian Education Trust, a small Trust comprising five Worcestershire schools, over 6 sites. Our local community is most settled, and there are strong family connections with the school. It is not unusual for parents, grand-parents and even great grand-parents of pupils to have attended Somers Park. A large majority of staff employed in school have either attended Somers Park, had their own children in school, or live close by. We are proud of the way our learners are prepared for the next phase of their education and beyond, promoting our Think. Know. Explain. Do. curriculum model which encourages inquisitive thinking and independent learning, enhanced by a balanced and interesting enrichment programme of additional experiences and visits. Primary Schools in Tanzania make a direct contribution to our creative and enriched curriculum.
Similar jobs nearby
St Paul's CofE Primary School
Hampton Dene Road, Hereford, Herefordshire, HR1 1UX
St Wulstan's Catholic Primary School
Elmfield Walk, Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, DY13 8TX
Hanbury CofE First School
School Road, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B60 4BS
Lutley Primary School
Brookwillow Road, Halesowen, West Midlands, B63 1BU
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Worcestershire