Grade 3 (Outer London): £18,295.46-£18,626.98 actual salary (based on £22,185-£22,587 FTE)
We are looking for a Graduate Teaching Assistant to join our strong and supportive team at Harris Academy Rainham.
As Graduate Teaching Assistant, your responsibilities will be:
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether at Harris Academy Rainham, in one of our other 49 academies, or in our central team. Our aim is to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
- To complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for agreed activities under an agreed system of supervision. This may involve planning, preparing and delivering learning activities for individuals/groups and monitoring students and assessing, recording and reporting on students’ achievement, progress and development
- Under an agreed system of supervision, to take a lead role within the academy to address the needs of students who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning, including students with English as an Additional language
- To provide support for students, the teacher and the academy in order to raise standards of achievement for all students (e.g. SEN, EAL, More Able, all underachieving groups), by utilising advanced levels of knowledge and skills when assisting with planning, monitoring, and assessing, and to encourage students to become independent learners, to provide support for their welfare, and to support the inclusion of students in all aspects of academy life
- To assist in the development of appropriate resources, schemes of work and teaching strategies in subject areas
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
- Experience working with children of relevant age
- Experience of working with students with additional needs
- Experience of working with students who have English as an Additional Language
- Qualifications to degree level (or equivalent)
- Excellent numeracy/literacy skills – equivalent to at least NVQ Level 2 in English and Maths
- Evidence of specialism in specific curriculum areas or areas of particular learning difficulty
- Qualifications relevant to subject area they will be based in
- Specialist skills/training in curriculum or learning area e.g. bi-lingual, sign language, ICT
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the subject area you will be based in
Being a part of the Harris Federation
We are recognised as the top performing large multi-academy trust in England for primary and secondary education. Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of Harris. Holding a reputation for bringing transformative approaches to education, we hold a unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Our people are at the heart of this success. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of training programmes available at every stage of your career.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
Learn more About Harris and our Vision and Values
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
Read our Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders
Diversity and Equality
We are committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.
Read our Diversity and Equality Notice
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package. Please visit the Harris careers website for full details.
Applying for the job
Please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your online application.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Academy, ages 11 to 16
917 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About Harris Academy Rainham
At Harris Academy Rainham we hold that our academy should provide students with a deep sense of belonging to a caring community, the belief in themselves and their unbounded potential and the opportunities to become more than they thought was possible. These are the values that we hold to be true and that drive our academy forward. Harris Academy Rainham joined the Harris Federation (a not-for-profit charity with 25 years of experience in education) in September 2016. In joining Harris, we have become part of a family of happy and highly successful primary and secondary schools in London and Essex and have the benefit of a team of experts in education who can provide teachers and leaders at Harris Rainham with a great deal of focused support. We teach in mixed ability groups, except in maths, which is divided into sets. Where students need extra help, our teachers coach them in small groups or provide one to one support. Special educational needs are catered for with care and expertise.
We combine the traditional Harris values of excellent uniform, behaviour and manners with a modern approach to teaching and learning. Working closely with families to ensure that students are supported and nurtured, we work hard every day to make learning accessible to all of our students.