The Heights Burnley seek to appoint a Hair & Beauty Tutor/HLTA to join the school on a full time and permanent basis, as soon as possible. The role would be required during term time only (39 weeks per year) and full time (37 hours per week). The actual salary for this position is from £26,189 to £29,854 per annum (based on FTE £29,777 to £33,945)
What does this job do?
To carry out effectively the duties of a HLTA and school lead for Hair & Beauty within an alternative provision school. Ensuring curriculum coverage continuity and progression in the subject, for all pupils.
What are the job requirements?
- Experience of developing and implementing some whole school policies within the subject areas.
- Experience of using a range of information and evidence to raise pupil achievement.
- Experience of using inclusive practices to ensure equal opportunities for all in the subject area
- NVQ hair & beauty qualification (such as NVQ 3 hairdressing, IQA assessor / verifier award?)
- Relevant and recent industry experience and a willingness to maintain industry updates and standards.
- Be enthusiastic and have the motivation to work in Alternative Provision (AP)
About The Heights- Burnley:
We are a 5-16 Alternative Provision School. Our provision caters for those pupils who have found it difficult to achieve in a mainstream school. Our staff are dedicated and committed to providing the best educational experiences including vocational studies, learning outside of the classroom, personal and social development programmes, as well as the core curriculum: developing successful learners who can make a positive contribution to, and are prepared for, their future working lives.
We are passionate about making a difference, having a positive impact, delivering high quality teaching and learning, and achievement for all. Pupils are taught in small groups, which allows us to provide bespoke support packages and interventions for everyone. We pride ourselves in knowing each pupil, therefore, tailoring our approach and support appropriately. We thrive off helping our pupils achieve their goals and celebrate their success.
With the highest of expectations, our dedicated and skilled team create an environment where pupils are happy, challenged and successful.
About the Education Partnership Trust (EPT):
EPT was established in 2012 as a multi-academy trust and is an approved academy sponsor. Our vision is to create outstanding schools which transform learning, lives and communities. We benefit from our diverse and unique range of schools which include secondary mainstream, alternative provision and special and have a proven track record of sustained improvement. Our schools are united by a drive to improve opportunities and outcomes for children and young people within a collaborative learning culture.
Our staff are our most valued asset so we continually invest in our colleagues and we believe that all teaching and support staff posts within our schools are key in terms of supporting pupil achievement and improving their life chances. As such we are keen to recruit dedicated and ambitious professionals who will add value to our schools and trust by helping our young people to succeed.
“If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, we want you to work for Education Partnership Trust.”
Our extensive range of rewards and benefits include:
- Healthcare cash back plan provided free by the trust includes optical, dental, physio, diagnostics, health assessment, NHS prescription charges, hospital cover, discounted gym memberships plus lots more.
- Employee Assistance Programme including, counselling, CBT, and wellbeing initiatives.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Access to government pension schemes.
- Free parking.
- Electric Car Scheme (Salary Sacrifice).
- Training, mentoring and progression opportunities including our Emerging Leaders programmes.
- Trust wide intranet to share knowledge and resources.
Incomplete application forms will not be shortlisted, if you need to discuss a reason for being unable to complete a section, please contact the recruitment team HR@ept-uk.com.
We warmly welcome an informal visit or a conversation prior to application. Please contact the School Business Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised, as part of due diligence checks, online searches will be carried out on shortlisted candidates.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.