|Subject||Art and design|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£28,133 to £40,490|
TLR 1 i : £8069
Required for September 2020 an exceptional leader who can undertake the Head of Art position at St. Aidan’s C of E School.
Managing our prestigious Art department you will provide an environment which nurtures and actively encourages creativity and talent within pupils of all abilities. The provision for the subject is excellent, with specialist rooms in our dedicated Art block, specialist Art IT suites, studio facilities and technician support.
The importance of Art subjects at St. Aidan’s is demonstrated by the number of students who choose to continue with Art-related subjects at KS4 and KS5. With 90 students enrolled on the GCSE Fine Art and Art Graphics courses, and over 100 studying Fine Art, Art Graphics and Photography to A Level, it is clearly a popular choice for students.
There are 1,970 students on roll with nearly 1000 students in the Associated Sixth Form with St John Fisher Catholic High School. The successful candidate must be able to offer teaching of Art and Art Graphics up to Advanced Level and wish to make a contribution to the wider life of the school.
Completed applications should be submitted via email or posted to the school by 4pm on 21st February 2020. Please include a covering letter indicating the particular skills and experience you can offer, with a completed application form that can be downloaded from the school website. A Person Specification detailing the requirements of the role is also available for download.
Essential educational requirements
- An art specialist with a good honours degree
- Recent and appropriate track record of professional development
Qualified teacher status
Essential skills and experience
• Recent and relevant teaching experience across the age and ability range at KS3, KS4 & KS5
• Experience of teaching Art History at KS5
• Wide knowledge and understanding of subject specialism and current educational issues
• Proven track record of implementing learning strategies which ensure all students make progress
• Experience in moderation (Edexcel preferable)
• Excellent communicator with drive, enthusiasm and determination
• Ability to lead a team and department and to develop the department
• Ability to be a role model and disseminate excellent practice in teaching and learning
• Absolute commitment to students and their learning
• Ability to inspire, motivate and relate to students.
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to interpret data and a commitment to self and school improvement
• Able to fully exploit ICT to enhance learning
• Ability to manage budgets
|School type||Academy, Church of England|
|School size||1972 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||St Aidan's Church of England High School website (opens in a new window)|
About St Aidan's Church of England High School
Oatlands Drive, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG2 8JR