Head of Biology
The Bridge Academy, London
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £30,178 to £49,079|
The primary objective of this role is to lead teaching and learning of Biology up to KS5, and to ensure excellent outcomes for students.
1. Provide expertise subject knowledge for all key stages in Biology.
2. Produce and monitor high quality resources/assessment and support other members of the department who are producing resources for Biology.
3. Monitor and support the quality of teaching and learning for Biology, including lesson drop in(s), data analysis and liaison with others.
4. Keep records of Practical Assessment Groups (PAGS), and ensure all trackers are up to date and accurate.
5. Support members of the department regarding the curriculum and lead Ofqual (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) meetings regarding Biology.
6. Organise mandatory field trips for Biology.
7. Play a key role in the organisation of Science week.
Essential educational requirements
Relevant specialist qualifications and experience in your subject specialism.
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Leadership skills and proven excellence as a Biology classroom practitioner at secondary level across the ability range. (Up to KS5).
The TLR for this position is 2b.
Please refer to the Information Pack on our website for a list of our employee benefits.More on how to apply
|School size||1084 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||The Bridge Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About The Bridge Academy
Laburnum Street, London, E2 8BA