Head of Chemistry
This job expired on 22 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
22 March 2023 at 9am
8 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Chemistryjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Part-time expressions of interest considered
- Main Pay Range or Upper Pay Range + TLR 1A
TLR 1 A (£8,706)
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Good honours degree in a relevant subject area and a love of the subject.
- Ability to teach Chemistry in the secondary phase from Years 7-13.
- An excellent classroom teacher, who can demonstrate high levels of expertise in assessment for Learning, differentiation and meeting the needs of every student.
- Ability to demonstrate clear exposition, low stakes assessment, retrieval practice and providing feedback.
- Effective leadership and management skills with an ability to take staff with them.
- Ability to motivate and enthuse students, especially very able individuals.
- Reliability and integrity.
- Keen to be involved in curriculum development.
- Ambitious for own career.
- Ability to embrace and be part of a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Willingness to learn and use Microsoft Teams.
- Recent relevant professional development.
- Evidence of excellent relationships with young people and adults.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- A shared approach to problem-solving and achieving goals.
- Strong organisational, personal time management and planning skills.
- Committed to the ethos of Sutton Coldfield Grammar School for Girls.
What the school offers its staff
have fantastic results and continue to reflect on ways we can improve and
support students to make further progress
- We offer a wide variety of CPD that colleagues can opt into,
- Teaching and learning sessions form most staff meetings, led by a variety of colleagues.
- We are informed by educational research, focussed on developing our questioning, retrieval practice and continuing to refine our approach to assessment.
- Growth mindset strategies and character development are central to our day-to-day activities whilst maintaining staff and student well-being.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Sutton Coldfield Grammar School for Girls
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1228 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0121 354 1479
At Sutton Girls, our focus is on providing high quality teaching and learning, personal development and wellbeing within a supportive, aspirational environment. Students are highly motivated, have a thirst for knowledge and a desire to learn. Whilst we have a long history of excellent GCSE and A-level results, we provide students with so much more than mastery of examination syllabuses. Students are encouraged to embrace challenges, apply their knowledge, and build their resilience and independence.
Arranging a visit to Sutton Coldfield Grammar School for Girls
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
The Pingle Academy
Coronation Street, Swadlincote, Derbyshire, DE11 0QA
Finham Park 2
Torrington Avenue, Coventry, West Midlands, CV4 9WT
The de Ferrers Academy
St Mary's Drive, Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire, DE13 0LL
Teacher Of Science - Maternity Cover
North Bromsgrove High School
School Drive, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B60 1BA
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Sutton Coldfield and West Midlands