Head of College (Vice Principal)
Wilmington Academy has an exciting opportunity for a talented leader to be appointed to the role of Head of College (Vice Principal) for January 2020. Our successful candidate will be an existing talented and highly motivated leader with drive and commitment to excellence as well as strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate to a range of stakeholders. You will be part of a supportive, committed and passionate team who work hard to ensure that all of our students achieve their potential. We are looking for an experienced professional who can demonstrate strategic leadership and excellent management and a proven track record of success in raising standards.
You will be expected to play a key role in developing the strategic vision for Wilmington Academy whilst ensuring that our students develop their potential, achieve academic success and develop our core values. The successful applicant will be a key member of the senior leadership team and will have significant autonomy in leading a 'Small School', and will have management responsibilities for one or more faculty areas (this can be confirmed in due course depending on the successful candidate’s specialisms). This post provides an outstanding career opportunity to be part of driving our academy forward and to play a critical role in the next phase of the academy’s development.
We wish to hear from you if you are committed to changing our education world and are:
- an enthusiastic, energetic and ambitious school leader with a track record of success at secondary level;
- a motivational and inspirational leader with high expectations of staff;
- confident and able to communicate a clear vision for the school;
able to develop children to reach their full potential regardless of background or circumstance;
- approachable and keen to work with staff across the Trust to ensure wide success;
- able to establish and develop excellent relationships with the community and other stakeholders.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
Essential skills and experience
Teaching experience and strong leadership skills.
Our successful candidate will receive;
- an exciting LAT career path with opportunities for further progression in the future;
- the opportunity to assist in leading a large, currently good academy to outstanding status supported by a dedicated academy leadership team;
- security and support on your journey from close collaboration with a small central executive and a larger group of talented principals to share best practice and innovation;
- development opportunities to work both within Wilmington Academy and across the wider Trust;
- the opportunity to implement the Trust’s ‘small school’ philosophy at Wilmington Academy to drive further academic improvement.
Application process: The closing date for applications is Thursday 24th October 2019 at 12noon. Interviews will take place week commencing 28th October 2019. If you have any queries on any aspect of the application process or need additional information please contact Olivia Couzins (Head of Recruitment) on 01634 412 240 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust, we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.
About Wilmington Academy
- Common Lane, Wilmington, Kent, DA2 7DR
- Wilmington Academy website (opens in a new window)