Head of Computer Science
Rainhill High School, Prescot, Merseyside
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £23,720 to £39,406|
Are you passionate about Computer Science and IT? Do you want to join a small Computing team? Rainhill High School, including Rainhill Sixth is the place for you!
Our School’s mission is the ‘Pursuit of Excellence’ in everything that we do.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious, talented and dynamic Head of Faculty to lead a small team of specialists. You should have leadership experience with a strong track record of improvement as well as being a strong classroom practitioner.
The school has a very strong reputation locally and is significantly over subscribed. The 2014 OFSTED judgement endorsed our strong reputation and since the last inspection, the school has gone from strength to strength.
Overall Role and Remit
To work with and for one of the Deputy Headteacher to ensure;
1. To maximise the achievement of students in all Computing Faculty subjects against national and locally agreed benchmarked targets.
2. To be lead practitioner for the teaching of Computing
3. To maximise the recruitment and retention of students at KS4/5 in Computing Faculty subjects.
4. To maximise the quality of teaching. In particular to ensure there is no ‘inadequate’ teaching, and to maximise the proportion of ‘outstanding’ teaching.
5. To ensure delivery of Teaching and Learning Strategies.
6. To ensure the curriculum is up to date and innovative.
7. To maximise the learning opportunities for students.
8. To take a full and active part in the school’s quality assurance process.
9. To line manage the Computing Faculty teachers, including their Appraisal, with pay progression decisions.
Essential educational requirements
Good Degree in relevant subject area
PGCE in relevant subject area
Essential skills and experience
Experience of teaching Computing to GCSE.
Ability or experience of teaching Computing to A Level.
Evidence of excellent teaching – at least Good judgments
Familiarity with the A level and Vocational L3 syllabus requirement for IT and Computing subjects
Evidence of capacity to take on the required additional leadership workload
TLR allowance TLR2B £4529 pa (pay award pending)
|School size||1535 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Rainhill High School website (opens in a new window)|
Warrington Road, Prescot, Merseyside, L35 6NY