Head of Department - English
2 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
27 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
15 March 2023
- Key stage 4
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- L7 - L11
What skills and experience we're looking for
Job Role: Head of English
Academy: Outwood Academy Acklam
Salary: L7 to L11
Are you an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher of English looking for promotion or a new challenge in an Outstanding Trust? -Come and join our team at Outwood Academy Acklam, Middlesbrough!
Outwood Grange Academies Trust seeks applications from outstanding applicants with integrity, imagination and energy for this rewarding role.
This post is a key appointment in terms of enhancing and ensuring positive life chances for our students through success and achievement in this key area.
The person we are seeking to appoint will be dedicated, enthusiastic and motivated in making use of the state-of-the-art facilities our fantastic Academy buildings can offer, in order to develop the life chances of our young people through inspirational and successful English teaching.
If you are such a person we would be delighted to hear from you, and you would be very welcome to visit the Academy at any time.
If you would like to discuss the role with our Principal, Mr Skidmore, please contact his PA, Rebecca Galloway on firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information regarding the application process please contract Abbey Davies, HR Assistant, on email@example.com.
What the school offers its staff
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS - WHAT DO WE OFFER AS AN EMPLOYER?
Outwood Grange Academies Trust supports colleagues by funding an extensive range of accredited training courses and apprenticeship opportunities up to Masters level. We also offer:
- Your starting salary plus annual inflation linked increases. The starting salary will be dependent on experience.
- We follow the principles of the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document
- You will be automatically enrolled into the generous Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Pay progression happens automatically on the anniversary of the target period appropriate to your role
- Flexible family friendly policies from day one
- We have our own Workload Charter and are committed to ensuring that Teachers’ workloads are manageable
- All teachers receive an allotted minimum of two hours CPD each week
- Access to centralised resources to support with lesson planning and reducing workload
- Comprehensive induction and training process
You will also be automatically enrolled into our Employee Assistance Programme which gives you and your family members free access to:
- Specialist information on a wide range of work-life issues
- Emotional support and counselling for a wide range of personal and work issues
- Legal guidance
- Financial guidance and debt counselling
- Child and dependent care support and advice
- Support for managers
We are also a wellbeing employer with a dedicated wellbeing policy and menopause policy, along with menopause champions based in our academies. Other benefits include:
- Free flu vaccinations
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discounts such as competitively priced Synergy Car Leasing
- Access to various discount sites
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Outwood Academy Acklam
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1179 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Outwood Academy Acklam website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01642 818200
Arranging a visit to Outwood Academy Acklam
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Middlesbrough