What you will need to succeed;
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- Relevant teaching experience in Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4.
- Be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- Effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of the work and responsibilities attached to this post.
- Commit to professional self-development, through participation in in-service training as necessary for the successful carrying out of the job.
We invest in staff to develop them as classroom practitioners. Our staff benefit from:
- A coaching programme to develop their practice within the classroom, working together to find solutions to improve learning and progress for all students.
- An excellent CPD programme based around WalkThrus materials that really allows staff to make use of research informed pedagogy to embed effective teaching strategies in the classroom.
As a TPLT employee, you will have access to incredible employee benefits, including -
- The PLaTform- Access to our dedicated wellbeing centre & exclusive shopping discounts.
- Healthshield- A fully funded Healthcare Scheme which provides services such as a 24/7 GP Line & Healthcare cashback.
- Discounted nursery feesat our Academy pre schools.
- CPD opportunitiesboth internally & externally.
- A very friendly school communitywith dedicated, supportive & inspiring colleagues.
As part of this role, you will;
- Contribute to the progress and successful implementation of the academy and Departmental Developments Plans with specific responsibility for the PE department.
- Lead a team of teachers in the delivery of the subject within the department, ensuring high quality learning experiences within the classroom.
- Develop and enhance the teaching practice of teachers in the department.
- Promote the faculty as a subject across the academy.
The Priory Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All paid positions which involve working regularly within academies are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. You must declare all convictions (including convictions with Absolute Discharge), cautions or bind-overs you may have, even if they would otherwise be regarded as ‘Spent’ under this Act and where applicable any disqualifications under the Childcare Act.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Visas cannot be sponsored.