A fantastic opportunity for a Head of English to join the team here at West Walsall E-ACT Academyto provide day to day leadership for the department and be accountable for the quality of teaching, learning and educational outcomes ensuring they are in line with the Academy’s strategic plan.
Reporting to SLT link
- Provide day-to-day leadership for the development and management of teaching within your area
- Identify areas for development and improvement linked to the Academy improvement plan, SEF, national and local initiatives.
- Develop and monitor schemes of work for your area across the academy in liaison with your department and to ensure the successful implementation which meets curriculum requirements and differentiated to reflect student needs.
- Have an overview of, and contribute to the planning and delivery of continuous professional development and training related to your area.
- Workforce planning for current and future demands to ensure sufficient, appropriately trained staff are available to effectively perform day-to-day requirements and manage periods of peak work volumes to meet KPIs
- Actively lead and participate in the recruitment and selection process of new team members
- Coach, mentor and develop staff including overseeing new employee onboarding, agreeing objectives, performance management, appraisal and career planning and identify CPD needs and opportunities
What the trust offers in return:
- Teacher Pensions
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps