Head of English with TLR to be negotiated for the right candidate
Logic Studio School, Feltham
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £28,355 to £44,541 per year (full-time equivalent)|
The position will play a major role, as part of the wider leadership team, in establishing the aims and objectives of the department to reflect the overall aims and objectives of Logic Studio School and in implementing appropriate policies and procedures to ensure the achievement of these objectives.
• S/he shall have overall responsibility for all teaching and learning within the department.
• S/he shall ensure, through the effective operation of assessment, recording and reporting systems that all pupils within the department meet agreed targets, both individually and across the department, and shall ensure that schemes of work include provision for personalised learning.
• S/he shall ensure that all members of the department are performing as effectively and efficiently as possible and ensure to the best of her/his ability, that the department is adequately resourced to fulfil its function within the school.
• S/he shall keep abreast of national strategy and developments impacting on her/his subject area/s and ensure information is communicated to the department and whole-school staff, and the department is responsive to such developments.
• S/he shall contribute to curriculum development and timetabling as required.
• S/he shall oversee the preparation of schemes of work and lead, develop and enhance the teaching of other teachers within the department.
• S/he shall work within the school’s professional development programme to ensure that s/he and the members of the department keep their knowledge and expertise up to-date.
• S/he shall play a key role in the appointment of staff within the department, and shall put in place arrangements for the mentoring of newly qualified and trainee teachers within her/his subject area/s as required.
• S/he shall represent the interests of the department within the wider management of the school, and participate in any collaborative arrangements with other schools which may benefit the development of the department.
• S/he shall agree appropriate professional targets annually with the appropriate senior leader, who will monitor and review her/his performance in accordance with the school’s appraisal policy.
• S/he shall manage the departmental/faculty budget/s and ensure value for money in resourcing the department.
• S/he shall contribute as appropriate to whole-school initiatives such as induction days and shall encourage extra-curricular activities and educational visits within the school guidelines.
• S/he shall be responsible for all aspects of health and safety within her/his department.
• S/he shall attend heads of department meetings.
Essential educational requirements
Undergraduate degree of at least 2:1
Essential skills and experience
• A continued commitment to own professional development.
• Excellent knowledge of current legislation, guidance and policy in the subject area.
• Management experience.
• Experience of child-safeguarding issues and successful use of measures that promote and ensure the safe-guarding of children.
At Logic we are committed to YOUR well-being –
• Flexibility: a 1.50pm finish every Friday, 3 long weekends, and 2 days of flexible holidays to be taken at any time throughout the year. Weddings? Cheap flights? You’ve got it.
• Realistic Accountability: You will see NO Logic lesson proformas, over-burdensome marking expectations or meetings for meetings sake. Expect streamlined reporting and assessment. There are no emails after 6pm. Your day job is exactly as it says on the tin. In the day.
• Genuine support: Happy schools have happy teachers. This involves listening to you carefully.
• Time: The biggest impact on progress is simple - good teaching and learning. Everything else is just peripheral. A reduced teaching timetable will give you increased time to develop what matters the most.
YOUR progression – We want you to become a future educational leader and it is our responsibility to help you make this happen.
• Advancement opportunities: when applying for future jobs you need to show experience and impact. You will be the recipient of high quality and well planned professional development opportunities throughout the year. You will also benefit from development opportunities across the Trust, the Hounslow Education Partnership and our local teaching alliance
• Coaching and mentoring – each member of our staff can chose to be coached and mentored by a member of staff across the MAT allowing you to develop skills and career goals in areas of most interest to you.More on how to apply
|School type||Free School|
|School size||278 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||14 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Logic Studio School website (opens in a new window)|
About Logic Studio School
Browells Lane, Feltham, TW13 7EF