Head of Faculty - Maths
This is an exciting time to be joining Barnes Wallis Academy as Head of Faculty, Maths. You would be leading a small and committed team of maths specialists who want every student to succeed. In August 2019, the percentage of students gaining a 4+ in maths rose by 17%. However, there is still more to do and we are determined to build further on that success this year.
As a member of the extended senior leadership team, you will not only lead the department, but will be involved in the running of the Academy as a whole. With a leadership team with a clear focus on delivering a world-class education to improve outcomes and life chances for our students, coupled with the support of being a member of a multi-academy trust, there is no limit to what can be achieved.
We are looking for a leader who has a proven record in their own teaching and improving results. As an Academy with an expanding roll, now catering for 500 students aged 11-16, we are aware this may be your first curriculum leadership post and are able to offer the support and opportunities to ensure it is a success. Equally, you may be an existing middle leader who is looking for more experience of whole school leadership on SLT with a view to progressing your career further.
This is a key role in the Academy’s development and as such attracts a salary up to point 7 of the leadership scale for a suitably experienced candidate.
Essential educational requirements
• Higher degree and/or professional qualification
• Membership of a national professional organisation
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Very strong track of professional development
Essential skills and experience
• Successful experience of curriculum leadership
• Evidence of leading, supporting and managing others, both individuals and teams, ensuring high quality performance
• Experience in promoting a wide range of teaching methodologies
• Experience of carrying out effective classroom observation to reliably assess standards of teaching, learning and attainment to Ofsted criteria
£45,213 to £46,430 (L6/7)
Teachers’ Pension Scheme
An excellent provision for your professional development and Leadership Development programme
About The Barnes Wallis Academy
We are pleasantly situated within the villages of Coningsby and Tattershall and our aim is to be the heartbeat of these villages. Our size undoubtedly helps to create a strong feeling of togetherness that contributes to the ease of relationships between students, parents and staff. Barnes Wallis Academy has excellent facilities that all our students benefit from. We have well resourced classrooms and specialist teaching rooms. In addition we have four ICT suites and extensive sports facilities.
- Butts Lane, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN4 4PN
- The Barnes Wallis Academy website (opens in a new window)