Head of Faculty Physical Education and Vocational Studies
St Andrew’s High School for Boys is looking to appoint a highly motivated and ambitious PE teacher who would relish the challenge of leading a talented PE and Vocational Studies Faculty. This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified teacher to join our highly successful, well-regarded and ambitious PE Faculty.
Essential educational requirements
Evidence of continued personal and professional development
Qualified Teacher status with a good honours subject degree
Essential skills and experience
Teach Physical Education, a Vocational Subject or PSHCE to KS4
Ability to take initiative, lead, motivate, inspire and support students to achieve excellence
Able to ensure that technologies are used effectively to improve
The ability to plan lessons and sequences of lessons with clear
objectives to ensure progression for all students
A passion for learning and an outstanding teacher
Secure commitment to a clear vision for the department and the school
• We are a Christian school with a strong vision, values and leadership, which is staff and student centred.
• We prioritise staff development with a variety of opportunities to cultivate teaching practice where sharing good practice is the driver of the school.
• There is a unity across the school where, regardless of your position, you are part of a valued collegiate team where your efforts are acknowledged across our school community.
• We are a PiXL school, which is shaping teaching and learning at St Andrew’s with cutting edge practice.
• St Andrew’s is an active member of our local teaching hub and has very strong links with The University of Brighton.
• We have ample on-site staff parking, two excellent canteens, and there are designated staff workrooms & offices.
About St Andrew's CofE High School for Boys
At St Andrew’s we seek to enable everyone to develop their God-given potential and a love for learning within a caring, challenging Christian environment. We aspire to be a centre of excellence working together to develop each member’s full potential. St Andrew’s expects the whole school community to work hard, be courteous and have pride. Our daily lives are underpinned by Agape, Christian love, and this should be witnessed in both our interactions with each other and our concern for the wider community. Our young men are encouraged to aim for personal excellence and develop the skills and confidence that will enable them to achieve and be prepared for the next stage in their academic journey. We aim to journey together guided by God to: Promote a climate where students understand the benefits of working hard Encourage co-operation and collaborative working in the school and beyond Respect and value each person, work as a team and care for others Provide excellent opportunities for the student’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, underpinned by Christian faith Work cohesively with our students, Governing Body, parents, churches, local and wider community and Establish high quality Collective Worship and Religious Education
- Sackville Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN14 8BG
- LA Maintained School
- St Andrew's CofE High School for Boys website (opens in a new window)