Head of Geography
42 days remaining to apply
Start date details
June or earliest availability
3 May 2023 at 9am
28 February 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Geographyjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Mon-Fri
- MPS to UPS
Plus TLR2C - £7,368
What skills and experience we're looking for
We require a talented and committed Head of Geography to join the Geography Department at this exciting stage in our improvement journey. Geography outcomes have been increasingly strong at Huxlow Academy, and we are looking for an inspirational practitioner to join us as we strive for excellence and to take the Geography curriculum and its teaching to the next level.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a passion and vision for the power of the geography curriculum to impact on students’ character, values, understanding and ultimately lives.
• Lead a team of staff to make Geography a relevant and vibrant subject area for our students.
• Demonstrate consistently positive progress with their teaching groups.
• Be committed to using evidence-based pedagogy in their own classroom, to drive standards in Geography.
• Be determined that all students should have the best opportunity for success, including a commitment to introduce and lead real world experience through fieldwork and extra-curricular activities.
What the school offers its staff
Training and development opportunities will be offered. All staff are encouraged to study further and the trust will actively support staff to obtain relevant further qualifications where possible.
Tove Learning Trust is a fast moving and exciting place to work. The trust schools have a shared vision and purpose: to deliver outstanding educational experiences that lead to inspiring outcomes. Each academy has a strong individual identity and tailors their educational provision to serve their local community. Academies within the trust collaborate to share expertise and maximise opportunities and experiences for our students.
Further details about the role
Purpose of the Role
To be responsible for the leadership of Geography at Key Stages 3 and 4. (Key stage 5 depending on uptake). To create a department of geographical learning and excellence where students are provided with exciting opportunities to build a curiosity and a passion for understanding the world around them and beyond. To broaden the horizons of students at Huxlow Academy. This will involve the monitoring of students’ progress and performance in order to ensure that expected learning outcomes are achieved.
• To develop a curiosity, excitement, and passion for Geography within students at Huxlow.
• To contribute to raising standards of student attainment and build a culture of excellence in all classes.
• To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a Teacher/Form Tutor.
• To provide a learning experience which gives the students the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support the Geography curriculum area as appropriate.
• To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 211 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Huxlow Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- Up to 819 pupils
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Huxlow Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Huxlow Academy is a fully inclusive school, located in Irthlingborough, East Northamptonshire. Our students are a vibrant and varied mix that bring an energy that is not found in many other schools. The loyalty the students show for the staff and community, whom they recognise care so deeply about them, is what makes Huxlow a very rewarding and fun place to work. If you want to work with a team committed to making a difference to the lives of the young people in our community, we want to hear from you!
Arranging a visit to Huxlow Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
West Haddon Road, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN6 8QE
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Northamptonshire and Northampton