Business studies, ICT
MPS - UPS3,
Duties as a Subject Leader ICT/Business:
Within the subject:
• Provide leadership for staff, students and parents
• Create a vision for ICT and Business, and make it happen
• Be an example to all of (a) subject knowledge and (b) the highest standards of teaching and professional conduct
• Delegate responsibilities as appropriate
• Establish and maintain a positive and productive work ethos, through encouraging a sense of teamwork and recognising the contribution of all staff
• Ensure that the relationships and standards of behaviour of staff and students fully support student learning
• Take the lead in promoting dynamic, innovative, positive and productive work habits such that all staff and students work in an atmosphere where they have the best possible chance of realising their potential
• Ensure that assessment is able to recognise the whole range of abilities and that these fit in with the whole school policy
• Promote and develop the sharing and implementation of good practice
• Manage the delegated budget associated with the subject according to the policy and frameworks within the school
Applying for the job
Job advert, JD & JS and application form attached
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
734 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Pensby High School
Pensby High School is a mixed 11-16 school, situated on the Wirral. The local authority continues with a tested grammar school system and Pensby High School whilst operating along comprehensive lines, is a non-selective school.
The school operates within an equal opportunities policy which emphasises a positive education for all members of our community and all staff promote values of tolerance, and respect for all.
The core function of the post is to lead the ICT and Business Studies department and be accountable for students’ learning and outcomes in this subject. To ensure that all staff have access to and follow clear, challenging learning plans, and that the needs of all students are met in the classroom and beyond.
Arranging a visit to Pensby High School
School reception 0151 342 0570