L6 - L10
A rare opportunity has arisen to lead our highly successful Special Needs, Student Development and ARC provision in school. We are seeking a passionate and enthusiastic professional who can inspire pupils and provide dynamic leadership for our large team of dedicated and skilled teachers and support assistants.
The applicant should have the appropriate National Award certification, or be willing to work towards gaining this qualification.
We are looking to appoint a senior Middle Leader who:
• has excellent understanding of the SEN Code of Practice and its implementation
• has experience of introducing and implementing appropriate curricula
• uses data effectively to monitor and improve the performance of learners
• has experience of intervening with the most difficult to reach learners
• can work proactively and supportively with parents and carers
• is passionate about developing resilient, confident learners
• is committed to inclusive education
• can sustain high quality teaching and learning
• demonstrates energy and passion
• shows strategic thinking and creative problem solving
• is creative and inspirational
• is an excellent communicator
• is highly emotionally literate
We are proud to offer:
• delightful, enthusiastic students who want to learn
• dedicated, talented and highly motivated staff and governors
• a stunning new building, specifically designed to house our ASD Arc (see website for photographs)
• a very successful, ambitious school, determined to build on the standards we currently achieve
• a proven track record in the professional development of colleagues
• a mutually strong and supportive team ethos,
• a motivated, energising climate
• a well-resourced school with extensive grounds
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
1487 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Alderbrook School
Situated centrally in Solihull, Alderbrook is a highly successful 11-18 school in the south of the borough. In September 2015 we opened our Sixth Form which is flourishing and providing our learners with a first-rate post 16 experience. The first Year 12 cohort numbered 55 students. As of September 2020 Alderbrook boasts a Sixth Form of over 200 students.
There is no doubt that Alderbrook is acknowledged, both locally and nationally, as a high-performing school. Across the curriculum, the majority of subjects perform well above national values and achieve excellent results. In 2018 Ofsted stated “There is strong teaching in every subject area…as well as very strong practice in Mathematics”
The school enjoys a very pleasant green outlook with wonderful arts and sports facilities. We have an outstanding record for staff career and professional development opportunities which has enabled many of our colleagues to advance their careers not only at Alderbrook but further afield.
Within school we also have a bespoke additionally resourced centre for learners with Autism. Alderbrook has a strong student development department that supports mainstream SEND students. We are a comprehensive school in every meaning of the word.
Our staff work collaboratively and enjoy the support of a community atmosphere at Alderbrook and this in turn enables us to build on our strong reputation in the local community, based on our culture of ambition, bravery and kindness where happy, confident and successful learners, with a thirst for knowledge, thrive.