Are you looking to progress in your teaching career? Are you looking a workplace that encourages big ideas and works as a team to fulfil those ideas?
E-ACT are seeking an inspirational, professional, and dynamic Head of IT and Business to join the West Walsall Academy. The purpose of this role is to provide day to day leadership for the department and be accountable for the quality of teaching, learning and educational outcomes ensuring they are in line with the Academy’s strategic plan.
What the trust offers in return
- Teacher Pension Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
Reporting to the SLT link, this post holder will be accountable for:
• Provide day-to-day leadership for the development and management of teaching within your area.
• Identify areas for development and improvement linked to the Academy improvement plan, SEF, national and local initiatives.
• Develop and monitor schemes of work for your area across the academy in liaison with your department and to ensure the successful implementation which meets curriculum requirements and differentiated to reflect student needs.
• Lead the development of innovative, creative approaches to learning and to develop cross-curricular skills such as ICT, numeracy & literacy effectively in the delivery of teaching and learning in your area.
• Support SLT to develop and implement strategies for raising achievement and attainment across the Academy.
For a full description of the role, see the job description and person specification.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious professional to develop their career and join our trust.
If you would like to informally discuss the role or have any queries at all, please do not hesitate to contact Midlands.HR@e-act.org.uk.
Interviews to be held in November 2023
Our Academy - E-ACT West Walsall
An 11-18 academy in Walsall resolutely focused on improving the life chances of all our students and inspiring them to reach their full potential. Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
- Ofsted good/outstanding rated, recognised for helping pupils to progress from often low starting points.
- Committed to support staff & teacher development through E-ACT’s professional learning program in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership and TES institute.
- Leading the way in youth mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme - we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
- A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee bene fits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
A great place to live and work - Located just eight miles from Birmingham and six miles from Wolverhampton, Walsall is home to two E-ACT academies in Reedswood E-ACT Academy and West Walsall E-ACT Academy.
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 28 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy and extend to people and their communities across the country.
We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated, and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve. In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector-leading work -life balance arrangements.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community
This job post has expired.