Head of Mathematics
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding practitioner of mathematics to join our high achieving Maths department. You will be keen to make a real impact, leading on maths and further enhancing standards for our motivated and ambitious students. We offer great facilities, a caring and welcoming school community and a supportive leadership team.
• To lead the Mathematics department in the development and delivery of an outstanding curriculum
• To promote professional leadership and management for Mathematics within the school
• To provide high quality teaching for learning that meets the needs of all students, and ensures high standards of attainment and progress
• To establish a positive ethos in the school by promoting and demonstrating high standards.
• To continue to raise the standard of student achievement in Mathematics at all levels.
• To continue to raise the profile of Mathematics
Essential educational requirements
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Professional development in preparation for the role
• Subject specialism
Essential skills and experience
• Experience of leading a team successfully
• Experience of working in a secondary school and an excellent understanding of the issues and pressures on boys within this age group
• Ability to motivate, develop, support and challenge staff
• Evidence of a successful teaching career; and excellent classroom practitioner
• Demonstrable experience of improving student outcomes
• Experience of dealing with challenging situations
• Willingness to support extra-curricular activities
• An established centre of academic excellence with an exceptional record in sport, music and community involvement
• Motivated and ambitious pupils
• A friendly and supportive team of teachers and support staff
• Well-resourced facilities
• A positive, caring and collaborative working environment
• A commitment to professional development
• A relocation allowance may be available for candidates who apply directly
Salary: Teachers Main or Upper Pay Range dependent upon experience and a TLR 1.2 equivalent to £9,929 per annum.
About John Hampden Grammar School
- Marlow Hill, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 1SZ
- John Hampden Grammar School website (opens in a new window)