Head of Mathematics
The Cooper School prides itself on its innovative and creative Mathematics department and are now seeking an exceptional practitioner to join the team from January 2020 in the role of Head of Mathematics.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who is relentless in the pursuit of pupil progress and achievement. The successful candidate will be an effective and experienced teacher in the specialist area, have strong leadership skills, and have the ability to inspire and motivate our students to achieve outstanding results in an enthusiastic, friendly and supportive environment. We are looking for someone with a proven track record to join the team and who has the drive, passion and commitment to raise the profile of the subject.
Essential educational requirements
• further professional study;
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Experience of curriculum development and teaching at different Key Stages;
• Outstanding classroom practitioner who has had a demonstrative positive impact in a leadership role;
• Experience of successful change management.
• A thorough understanding of current educational issues 14-19 as pertains to the subject area
• Good knowledge and understanding of what makes for high quality teaching and effective learning;
• Self-confidence, loyalty, personal impact and presence;
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral;
• Capacity for further promotion;
• Ability to work to clear deadlines.
• Relevant knowledge gained through external/internal INSET.
We can offer you:
• the opportunity to work with experienced and value driven colleagues;
• an innovative and supportive working environment;
• caring, well behaved and motivated students;
• a genuinely happy and friendly academy community;
• a commitment to Continual Professional Learning and Development;
• strong links with and support from the wider academy;
• an energetic, vibrant and diverse environment where everyone is valued;
• the opportunity to use Google’s GSuite for Education.
About The Cooper School
At The Cooper School, we pride ourselves on being forward thinking in terms of curriculum decisions which support our students; focused on improving learning through the use of new technologies and determined to continuously refine our approaches to teaching and learning. Investing in the Media Suite reflects a small part of our approach to making learning engaging, relevant and active for our students. Joining us as a member of staff at The Cooper School means being able to see the big picture for the students here. It means that whilst we always strive for academic excellence, we also place great value upon students becoming adaptable, resourceful and enquiring. These are the sort of skills that will enable them to become effective citizens, just as much as their academic results will. As such, we encourage independent learning, enrichment initiatives and House-based teamwork and co-operation. Working here is an opportunity to flourish as a professional. We ‘grow our own’ leaders. Many new staff have taken on additional responsibilities which is a mark of their quality and commitment to making progress in their own careers as well as their desire to become part of a successful and positive organisation.
- Churchill Road, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 4RS
- The Cooper School website (opens in a new window)