- £50,645 - £55,884 (Leadership Scale 8-12)
Head of Maths job summary
As Head of Department, you will excel in the classroom - but, just as importantly, you will be instrumental in supporting colleagues within the department to enhance their effectiveness in the classroom and beyond, through mentoring, coaching, professional development and challenge. The demands of the role will be high, and this is reflected in the salary attached. You will also enjoy significant credibility through your ability to lead and manage colleagues to excellence in all they do.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and outstanding classroom practitioner with a track record of strong outcomes. We need someone who can walk the walk and be a beacon of excellent practice in a classroom environment, whilst possessing the muscularity of intellect and professional credibility to drive up standards across the department.
• To set challenging teaching and learning objectives which are relevant to all students
• To develop strategies for the use of Literacy & Numeracy to promote new teaching methods and improve learning and monitor their effectiveness in raising standards of teaching and learning.
• To lead or contribute to professional development activities as part of the planned programme for the school and to promote the sharing of good practice.
• To make appropriate use of the school’s monitoring and assessment strategies to evaluate students’ progress towards planned learning objectives.
• To use monitoring and assessment information to improve planning and teaching.
• To have high expectations of students and build successful relationships centred on teaching and learning.
• To establish a purposeful learning environment where diversity is valued and where students feel safe and secure and confident
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Ernulf Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- School size
- 623 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
Ernulf Academy is built on a large site in St Neots with extensive facilities. St Neots is a market town with good facilities, within easy reach of Cambridge and with excellent transport links to London.
At Ernulf Academy, you can expect a supportive culture within a school with high aspirations on its improving journey. We value our staff and there are many development opportunities within the academy and across the wider trust.
The core purpose of the Academy is to secure the best possible experience, learning and outcomes for each young person for whom we have responsibility. We have high aspirations for all of our young people.
Our ethos is based on the celebration of success and the determination to secure further improvement. Visitors to the Academy comment on the purposefulness of lessons and the calm, friendly conduct of students.