An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dedicated, enthusiastic Head of Maths to lead and develop the Maths department from January 2024. This opportunity would suit an ambitious, highly motivated teacher who aspires to leadership and who wishes to progress their career within a supportive environment. It is essential that the successful candidate will be an excellent practitioner with a record of high achievement in the classroom.
As the Head of Maths, you will be responsible for the quality of provision in the faculty area, leading the subject team effectively and delegating appropriately to all members of the team. As a member of the middle management team, you will contribute to the strategic direction of the academy.
Industry-leading benefits packages
We greatly value our staff and want them to know it! Starting with financial rewards and solid career progression, we believe in leading the industry with better remuneration packages. As such, you can expect to earn more than if you took a role in the maintained sector. In addition, we have teamed up with benefits provider Perkbox so that we can offer you more savings than ever before.
Every employee in United Learning will receive:
- Up to 9 INSET days per year, dedicated to subject knowledge development and planning/resource development.
- Continuing Professional Development options - Tailored to your needs.
- The opportunity to save money across hundreds of major retailers.
- Competitive maternity, paternity, and adoption benefits.
- The scope for flexible working.
"Staff are happy and loyal to the school. They feel well supported by leaders, including with their workload". Ofsted - November 2022.
We are looking for a talented individual who wants to be a part of transforming education and helping create an exceptional environment for learning. We would like to hear from you if you have:
- QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant degree.
- Have a proven track record of success
- A passion for education and making a difference
- Have high aspirations for all pupils
- Demonstrate a passion and enthusiasm for Maths
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Be able to teach across the age and ability range
- Possess and be able to demonstrate strong team ethos
- Excellent communication skills
If this is you, then come and join our NOA Family. The staff at North Oxfordshire Academy are a passionate team of professionals. We are an inclusive, friendly, and diverse community with an ethos of high aspirations, high expectations and high achievement. We are proud to be part of United Learning, a group of secondary, primary, and independent schools, whose motto is: ‘The best in everyone’ - a philosophy to which we wholeheartedly subscribe.
Please download the job description and person specification for more information.
Applications must be made through the school website. CVs, or applications made using any other format, will not be accepted.
North Oxfordshire Academy ensures a whole school approach to safeguarding. This means ensuring safeguarding and child protection are at the forefront and underpins all relevant aspects of process and policy development.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.