Head of MFL
This job expired on 31 May 2023
Job start date
1 September 2023
31 May 2023 at 9:24am
19 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Frenchjobs, View all Spanishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 36hrs
Full-time equivalent salary
- £32,407 - £48,054.30 per year
- M1 - UPS 3
Management Allowance £6,563.00
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Right to work in the UK.
- Qualified to at least degree level.
- Qualified to teach and work in the UK.
- Ability to teach subject to A Level standard.
- Evidence of being, or having the potential to be, an outstanding teacher of the subject. Up to date knowledge in the curriculum area.
- An understanding of what an outstanding education looks like in the classroom.
- An understanding of the strategies needed to establish consistently high expectations.
- Genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every pupil.
- Motivation to continually improve standards and achieve excellence.
- Excellent classroom teacher, or potential to be one, with the ability to reflect on lessons and continually improve their own practice.
- Effective and systematic behaviour management, with clear boundaries, sanctions, praise and rewards.
- Thinks strategically about classroom practice and tailoring lessons to pupils’ needs.
- Understands and interprets complex pupil data to drive lesson planning and pupil attainment.
- Good inter-personal, communication, planning and organisational skills.
What the school offers its staff
- Continued professional development and opportunities across the Trust.
- Health Shield membership (employee assistant programme supporting with wellbeing and offers many attractive discounts).
- Pension scheme
- A subsidised canteen for lunches
- Cycle Scheme
- Free onsite parking
Further details about the role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and ideas driven Head of MFL to provide professional leadership and management of this curriculum area at Heron Hall Academy. If this is your passion, we would love to hear from you!
The successful candidate will work collaboratively within our team andlead on the MFL curriculum within the academy in a well-established MFL department.You will have a natural flair for delivering creative and vibrant lessons that enthuses and motivates all students to want to learn and achieve. You will need have excellent communication skills and work collaboratively with the Head Teacher, SLT team and your direct team.
The academy is committed to your professional development. You will have ongoing support from the senior leadership team and will attend appropriate training and development opportunities. You will be given support, time and space to grow as a teacher and improve the provision of MFL subjects (French and/or Spanish) across the school. You will have the support of a dedicated senior leadership team to ensure you are able to focus on delivering outstanding teaching and learning. You will also be supported by subject specialists for the delivery of any MFL subjects (French and/or Spanish) that are not to your specialism.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Heron Hall Academy
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1048 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Heron Hall Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Heron Hall is one of the North Star Community Trust Academies. An eight-form entry mixed secondary academy, we will be enrolling our first group of students in our new sixth form in September 2023and we are led by Mr Barzey (The Times UK Headteacher of the Year for 2022-23). Heron Hall Academy is welcoming, friendly and inclusive. We share a clear vision for improving our children’s life chances through providing equality of opportunity, an engaging and purposeful curriculum and high-quality teaching and learning. Our goal is to provide outstanding education and life changing opportunities for all our children. We want to be recognised for supporting the well-being and academic excellence necessary to be a success in education, employment and life. The academy is committed to your professional development. You will have ongoing support from the senior leadership team and will attend appropriate training and development opportunities. You will be given support, time and space to grow as a teacher and improve the provision across the school. You will have the support of a dedicated senior leadership team to ensure you are able to focus on delivering outstanding teaching and learning. We are dedicated to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to enhanced clearance through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Arranging a visit to Heron Hall Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Enfield