- Job role
- Citizenship, Relationships and sex education, Religious education
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
HEAD OF PSHCE
(TLR 2b £4,782)
Join a leading school which prides itself on the high quality of education, enrichment and care provided to all and is committed to the wellbeing of students and staff.
An exciting middle leadership opportunity has arisen to lead PSHCE and progress your career in a school judged by OFSTED as ‘Outstanding’ in all areas, a school where both student achievement and attitudes to learning are amongst the best in the region. We are a fantastic learning community, set in one of Yorkshire’s most scenic areas, whose facilities have been further enhanced by the completion of a multi-million pound refurbishment and expansion project. This role is required from September 2022.
If you have the subject expertise, vision, commitment and people skills to lead this successful department, coupled with the ability to engage and enthuse our students with a love of PSHCE, then we would like to hear from you.
Ilkley Grammar School (IGS) is an outstanding, vibrant 11-18 comprehensive, with over a 400-year tradition of serving the local community. We are committed to Personal Best as reflected in our Vision and Values:
“Our vision at Ilkley Grammar School is to provide an exceptional, inclusive learning experience at the heart of our community. Our students will achieve their academic personal best and will be equipped with the confidence and skills to make a positive difference to their own lives and the lives of others. We will achieve this through modelling our core values and attributes in the way we work together.”
We are the founding school of Moorlands Learning Trust (MLT) and a member of the Red Kite Teaching School Alliance with a firm commitment to school to school support and developing highly effective collaborative practices.
We are looking for:
• a strong and motivational leader with excellent subject knowledge and the ability and commitment to further raise standards
• a dedicated and passionate teacher who has resilience and a strong, positive work ethic
• a proven track record of delivering excellent outcomes in PSHCE
• a commitment to providing high quality lessons to engage, challenge and inspire our students
• a colleague who is inspirational to colleagues and students and committed to sharing best practice
In return for your commitment we can offer:
• the opportunity to make a real difference
• students with ‘highly positive attitudes to learning’
• personalised CPD with a strong commitment to professional growth and developing individual career paths
• a commitment to mobile technologies with iPads issued to all teaching staff and students
• a very calm and orderly school with high expectations and an ethos of trust and care
• a committed and established staff
• very supportive leadership team, parents and governors
• a location on the edge of Ilkley Moor in beautiful Wharfedale with good transport links to Leeds and Bradford
Closing date for applications: 8am Wednesday 19th January 2022
Provisional interview date: Week commencing 24th January 2022
Ilkley Grammar School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people in our recruitment procedures and in all our work across and beyond school. The school adheres to statutory guidelines in respect to safe recruitment. All persons employed by the school, in any capacity, will undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, and confirmation of employment is subject to a successful outcome. All teaching staff members recruited by the school have their eligibility to teach checked with the DfE.
TLR 2B £4,782
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.