Head of Religious Studies
Thomas Telford School, Telford, Shropshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£30,000 to £40,000|
Head of Religious Studies
Salary responsibility allowance negotiable
This 11-18 City Technology College with an enrolment of 1400 students was named, for the fourth time, in Her Majesty's Chief Inspector's Annual Report for its outstanding Ofsted Inspection Report and examination results. The Religious Studies Department consistently achieves excellent results at GCSE and A Level, and is a Gold Holder for the RE Quality Mark.
The Religious Studies Department at Thomas Telford School is a thriving Department which prides itself in not only academic achievement but also in enriching students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural experience in the classroom and beyond. The Department is equipped with a wealth of resources to support learning and teaching, including artefacts from a variety of faiths and a well-stocked section in the library. Candidates with experience of teaching GCSE and A Level Religious Studies are particularly encouraged to apply. There is also the opportunity to teach Philosophy if desired. The subject is popular at both GCSE and A Level and has a proven track record with 58% of students achieving a grade 8 or 9 and 100% achieving a level 4 or better in 2018.
Application Forms can be downloaded from www.ttsonline.net. Please send applications to Sir Kevin Satchwell, Headmaster, Thomas Telford School, Old Park Telford TF3 4NW or email to email@example.com.
Closing Date: Apply immediately
All successful candidates will be subject to a DBS Check and two employment references.
Essential educational requirements
Degree level education
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Candidates with experience of teaching GCSE and A Level Religious Studies are particularly encouraged to apply. There is also the opportunity to teach Philosophy if desired. The subject is popular at both GCSE and A Level and has a proven track record with 58% of students achieving a grade 8 or 9 and 100% achieving a level 4 or better in 2018.
Staff at Thomas Telford School are afforded highly desirable working conditions such as:
• One day per week for planning, preparation and marking
• State of the art classroom and IT facilities
• Free use of the onsite Fitness Centre and Swimming Pool
• Opportunities to work collaboratively with our family of schools
• An environment where students are always positive, have a love of learning and behaviour is exemplary based on an understanding of mutual respect between staff and students
• Opportunities to work with our Teaching School delivering best practice workshops with our Trainee Teachers. Thomas Telford School trains over 60 graduate teachers per year
• 10 Professional Development days
• Generous performance related pay achieved by almost every employee of the School annually
• Extensive opportunities to become involved in Sport, Performing Arts and other recreational activities available to students
This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking and high performing organisation. Thomas Telford School is proud to have a happy and supportive working environment where employees are truly valued.
|School type||Independent School|
|Education phase||Not Applicable|
|School size||1364 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Thomas Telford School website (opens in a new window)|
Old Park, Telford, Shropshire, TF3 4NW