We are looking for our new Head of School to be someone with the skills, knowledge and attitude to build upon the school’s successes and strong stakeholder relationships and take the school on the next stage of its journey.
The successful candidate will ensure that every pupil receives the very best provision for their pupils, families and staff.
The successful applicant will be working with committed, talented, and dynamic staff, all of whom have a shared alignment to our school values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Resilience, Equality and Aspiration which are woven through the school’s curriculum and all we do.
Alongside the job description and person specification, we are looking for an outstanding candidate who is:
- People centred – we want someone who will fit well within the team, whilst having empathy for the countless challenges that our families and staff encounter on a daily basis.
- Hardworking and dedicated – understanding the variety and complexity of the role, whilst also acknowledging the extended working hours that are required on occasions.
- An expert at multi-tasking – as the role has many levels, working with a multitude of people to work with, and lots to achieve on a daily and weekly basis, as well as to achieve longer term goals.
- Loyal and committed – someone who sees themselves up for a rewarding and challenging journey.
- A reflective communicator – who loves listening to all stakeholders and thrives on solving problems.
- Fun – without doubt, in this role you are going to have to have a senseof humour!
Above and beyond everything, the successful candidate will not only know and understand our Trust Values, but will be able to articulate clearly and passionately, how these values will be lived by you - every day.
If you are the right person for this role, then we hope you will apply.We pride ourselves on being a supportive employer, with a strong voice for the teaching profession as a whole. We live by our values–and“family first”means that as well as two additional paid leave days (Family Days), we have a range of benefits to demonstrate how much we value each and every colleague.
We would like the best candidate for the role, and so your salary will be highly competitive and will be discussed with the successful candidate at the time of job offer. We would also like the best person, and the right person for this role, so your start date will be discussed at interview.
Two references are also required prior to commencement of employment.
Early applications are encouraged and The Golden Thread Alliance reserves the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Golden Thread Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020 and therefore is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. In line with KCSIE guidance, paragraph 220, all shortlisted candidates are subject to an online search. This search isn't part of the shortlisting process itself and all shortlisted candidates will have the opportunity to address any issues of concern resulting from the search.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.