Job Title: Head of Science
Hours: 37.5hrs per week
Salary: £49,884, £57,514 (L1-L7)
Responsible to: Senior Leadership Team
- Show the ability to be a/or become an excellent classroom practitioner
- Have high expectations of students in terms of learning, achievement and behaviour.
- Have enthusiasm for developing innovative and creative approaches to learning, teaching and student participation
- Have a sound subject knowledge which they can utilise to challenge all pupils
- Have a clear understanding of the latest curriculum and pedagogical developments in Science
- Have an ability to engage and motivate pupils
- Have a commitment to support our enrichment programme by facilitating co-curricular clubs
To ensure all students are consistently and effectively supported to make outstanding academic progress in Science through outstanding teaching and effective intervention and catch-up strategies.
Ensure an aspirational culture within the Science department and promotes high expectations and aspirations for all students.
To develop effective assessment practices and procedures within the Science department.
Improve the high expectations of students in the Science department.
Improve the high expectations of students in Science homework by increase in completion between classes and students in the department;
Reward students for their hard work throughout the year and increase their love for Science;
Establish short, medium and long-term plans for the development and resourcing of Science through thorough and honest self-evaluation;
In return we are offering a highly attractive salary, along with the benefits of being part of United Learning, opportunities to share good practice and collaborate with colleagues across every phase of education.
This job post has expired.