Barnsley Academy, a 11-16 secondary school, is seeking to appoint a Head of Technology to join their established team. The academy is part of United Learning, a national group of schools and academies. As part of United Learning our aim is to bring out ‘the Best in Everyone’ and we continuously strive to ensure that students and staff have every opportunity to succeed, with their potential developed to the utmost.
Our mission is to provide a world class education so students have the choice to attend a top university or a real alternative. Our mission is underpinned by our shared values of ambition, determination and respect which drive our thinking and behaviours. High expectations of behaviour and learning are established resulting in a calm and purposeful environment.
About the role:
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and influential Head of Technology to lead our successful department for a January 2024 start. We are looking for someone who can provide outstanding leadership or quickly develop their leadership to an outstanding level to ensure that learning and progress in all areas continue on an upward trajectory.
This role may ideally suit someone who is looking to make the step into middle leadership or who is looking to build upon their current experience and success at that level. Applicants are sought from a Technology background and must have the ability to oversee a department which includes Food, Woodwork and Resistance Materials.
We will only consider candidates who can evidence a strong track record of success and who have made a significant impact on the lives and education of the children they teach. This will need to be demonstrated in your application and be clearly evident at interview.
What we can offer you:
- An academy making consistent improvement.
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- Access to an outstanding professional development programme.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students who want to learn and fulfil their potential.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Opportunities to be creative and to inspire your students.
In return, we are looking for:
- An ‘outstanding’ teacher with strong leadership qualities who can evidence significant progress and attainment from their students over a protracted period of time.
- Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Someone who is resilient, dynamic and passionate about improving the life chances of all children in our community.
If you possess these qualities and share the academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
To apply, please click the apply link above to complete our online application form, CVs are not accepted. If you have any queries regarding this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org The closing date for this post is midnight am on Sunday 8th October 2023. Interviews will take place soon after.
Employees will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an Enhanced Disclosure and Baring Check from the DBS Service and a further check against the appropriate barred list. Shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online check.
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employees will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an Enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.